Sooo pissed!

saajuk

Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
I was playing FFvll yesterday and i got to the part where this old guy takes you into a virtual simulation of the galaxy and it gets to the part where a planet passes by aeris and freezes sort of.. like the musics still playing and the only thing i could do was move aeris from side to side and make her jab. Is there something I have to do? and it was starting to get good.
and i dun have a game guide

maybe my disc is screwd up because it has alot of scratches on it now.
I need to replace this dam disc it takes a good min or two to get my PS2 to read it.

try to wipe alchohal on it with a tissue that works alot with my games that don't work or go the store and get it resurfaced.

Yeah it definatley sounds like a problem with the disk, perhaps cleaning it would help.

Have fun trying to get a new disk though, FFVII is notoriously hard to track down...

If you can move, then it doesn't sound like your game is fucked. Aren't you supposed to talk to everyone?
Although you might want to clean the disc just incase. Alcohol is good for that, in moderation. Vodka.

Be careful if you take it to the store to get it resurfaced: I went into a game store once and a man had brought in his copy of FF7 to get it resurfaced, and it got screwed up in the proccess. So taking it to get it done would be a last resort if you ask me. Try cleaning it yourself at least first...

Be careful if you take it to the store to get it resurfaced: I went into a game store once and a man had brought in his copy of FF7 to get it resurfaced, and it got screwed up in the proccess. So taking it to get it done would be a last resort if you ask me. Try cleaning it yourself at least first...

if you do clean it your self...wat ever you use dont use too much or it will not only ruin ur game but also ur eye in ur system...plus for future reference if you use a device to clean ur disk and then you go in try n trade it in at a swap shop or something theres a good chance they might not take it

I dun think theyll take a ps1 game anyways, but they should..sheet, its FFVll they should give me good money for that even if it is scratched

o and thanks for the replys ill try that alcohol trick

Last edited:
I remember that scene as being a cutscene where you don't really have to control your characters at all, it just runs through on its own.

You later control Cloud in that simulator when you hide the huge materia in there.

That leads me to think it must be the scratches on your disc and not you getting stuck on the story.

I dun think theyll take a ps1 game anyways, but they should..sheet, its FFVll they should give me good money for that even if it is scratched

o and thanks for the replys ill try that alcohol trick

No they won't. Game stores suck, they won't even give you a measly 10% of what a game's worth. If you're thinking of selling it, ebay is the only way to go.

And you could try to look for a disc-repair kit at Gamestop or wherever else. That might be safer than trying to clean it with household alcohol.

JUST GIVE YOUR DISC S A wipe with a cloth of some description and you will be reet, if not, by a new copy

shit happens :monster:

Yeah it definatley sounds like a problem with the disk, perhaps cleaning it would help.

Have fun trying to get a new disk though, FFVII is notoriously hard to track down...

Squaresoft shipped millions of units of this game worldwide, and last time I checked, you can still get a used copy on Ebay for a treat. There are even plenty of internet shops out there who have new copies of the game, so it is by no means notoriously hard to track down.

Funny thing is though, that I once borrowed a copy of FFVII that froze in the exact same place no matter how many times I tried. After a couple of weeks later, I tried starting from the very beginning again. This time around, I got Yuffie to join my party outside Junon, and strangely the game didn't freeze in Cosmo Canyon that time around. It probably doesn't have anything to do with your situation, but who knows. It might help haha.

no i dont think its a problem with the disk as if i rember right i had a similar problem at this point in the game i think you need to talk to everyone or click on a star something like that i cant quite remember but im sure something like that happend. this part in the game was always a problem for me later on when i went back with cloud it took me ages to work out too

i dont know why this is so hard for everyone. i think the game tells you what to do at this point. pay more attention people!

Back