The General Asian Music Thread

Aselia

Unless I fight, I cannot win.
Veteran
Gil
I thought we could use a thread that encompassed ALL Asian music, instead of just J-pop/ J-rock. Here you can discuss J-pop J-rock K-pop, Filipino... ANYTHING!

I'll start things off with a spotlight on my Current Fave Asian song - Mirotic by DBSK

DBSK is a South Korean boy band, who also are popular in
Japan, where they are know as Tōhōshinki.

Here is the Music video for Mirotic

now this thread isn't meant to be a review thread, just a general discussion thread, so tell us about your favorite band or song, or about Asian Music in general ^_^

I really enjoy Asian music. Especially their chiptunes and techno. Chiptunes if im correct originated in Japan, and is comprised of 8-bit -32-bit sounds from gameboys, SNES's, and NES's. It's a very interesting genre, and has a wide varity of sounds and tunes taht can be formed through it. Absolutly love this Genre to no end. If your a fan of any techno or trance i reccomend give chiptunes a shot.

I'm going to attempt to revitalise this thread, as it seems to be an interesting concept.

My personal favorite band, at the moment, is a japanese band.
They play Power Metal, with heavy neo-classical metal influences.

Not all their lyrics are in japanese, however.

If revitalising appears to be a bad idea, just lock it.

Ummm The I love Yuna Ito shes a J pop singer and she sometimes sings in english. Hmmm not sure how to put the video of Trust you by Yuna Ito on here but heres the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk2pzxOuCTc Go watch it now its really good. So yeah shes like my favorite singer. Not just asian singer but probably my favorite singer of all. Well tell me what you think.

I love Japanese music, but I must admit that I know next to nothing about the music from other Asian countries. Recommendations are more than welcome!

{words and a Youtube link}

Generally, me and power metal don't mesh, but Galneryus is one of the rare exceptions. I've yet to hear everything they've put out, but the albums I've heard have been solid--their singer sounds hilarious enough on their English material that it becomes strangely appealing. Oh, and the other members really know what they're doing, obviously; that riff in "Everlasting" is good stuff. And I don't think I'll ever get the chorus from "Blast of Hell" out of my head again.

When it comes to metal and Japan, Sigh's probably my favourite, closely followed by Feel So Bad.

I'm a big fan of Chinese music. SHE is good. Jane Zhang, J chow, Jolin... all good. I think I picked up my love for chinese music during my stay in Hong Kong. Cantopop is alright as well, but I don't understand a word of Cantonese so Mandarin is my fav.

Anyone else listen to Chinese pop music?

I'm not big on Asian popular music and J-rock and all that jazz, but I saw this thread and couldn't resist posting this:
Bask in the glory and silliness of the almighty Bob Sapp. Only in Japan :P

I do like a couple of Japanese bands though. Sabbat and Syphilitic Vaginas are both class black/thrash metal bands.

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of J-Pop! I listen to them almost every day (Because I watch anime everyday). I also listen to Mandarin music and I listen to OPM (Original Pinoy or Filipino Music) a lot. I like female Japanese singers like YUI, Utada Hikaru and BoA. Here's a video of a Japanese band called Scandal (composed of four cute girls) and their song Doll..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Ylz962KbQ

One of my favourite asian singers is BoA. She is so cute and I used to be obsessed with her. XD Although I rarely listen to her anymore, she is still really amazing!

Very talented young girl and very beautiful.

I like that she sings in English too! =D

Last edited:
I like Map the Soul (Somewhat formerly known as Epik High.)
And BoA, Big Bang, SS501 DBSK, and Alex Chu, and Clazziquai Project. And my fav DBSK song is easily Purple Line. Idk why. I also like Miyavi and Gackt.

I can't ever, ever get this song out of my head, so I embrace it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTlLQMXcClI

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I enjoy Abingdon Boys School. Can't find a video atm, but I'll post as soon as I can. They're like punk/rock though. They're an easy listen :D

~Insanctified

Back