Three things

Jack's Smirking Revenge

i am the one who knocks
Veteran
Gil
1. I know it's been said before, but the caps filter is just annoyingly strict. I can understand the need for it, but reducing it to just three characters is a bit much. How about something like 20?

2. The flood control on posting. It's been grating at me a little lately, having to wait to post. There's no flood control on searches, so I don't see why it's needed on posts too. Unless it would kill the server, then it's perfectly understandable.

3. New section. Saix will know what I mean. A 121 section, where members have private threads for only them to post in between each other. Can be used for small groups too. It's like the step between PMing, which can be annoying at times, and MSN, which not everyone has/is comfortable using regularly etc. So yay or nay on that?

1. I know it's been said before, but the caps filter is just annoyingly strict. I can understand the need for it, but reducing it to just three characters is a bit much. How about something like 20?

2. The flood control on posting. It's been grating at me a little lately, having to wait to post. There's no flood control on searches, so I don't see why it's needed on posts too. Unless it would kill the server, then it's perfectly understandable.

3. New section. Saix will know what I mean. A 121 section, where members have private threads for only them to post in between each other. Can be used for small groups too. It's like the step between PMing, which can be annoying at times, and MSN, which not everyone has/is comfortable using regularly etc. So yay or nay on that?

No idea what the third one is all about but the first 2 REALLY peck my head -_-

Yay on all three. Especially the third. I haven't run across the First or Second one yet, so I dont realyl have an opinion on them, but hey, they sound like crap.

I agree with the first 2, I know we're already looking into the caps filter thing though.

I like suggestion number 3 though =] It would be pretty coold if we could implement it.

No idea what the third one is all about but the first 2 REALLY peck my head -_-
An example would be one of us would make a thread that only the two of us are allowed to post in, so we can have one-to-one talks on the forum. Or it could be used for groups of people, but is more aimed at just one-to-one. Hence the name.

LG has been alerted to the problem some time back, though apparently it doesn't rate all-too highly on his to-do list. It'll get sorted to our preferences... just not yet.

It's a necessary evil, sadly. It's helped staff HUGELY in the prevention of spambots mass-advertising in FFF, and won't be leaving us any time soon.

Plus like, it doesn't affect me so it's alright. :neomon:

I like the idea, though I'm unsure of where to put it. It'd be logical to place it in the spam area, though that could come with technical implications i.e that anyone can barge in and spam it. Also it'd be too elitist for even my tastes [inorite] to punish people who break the 'rule' of no posting in other people's 121 threads, so I'd need to think more on this before giving a definitive response.

If I find a suitable location however, it'll definitely be on the cards. However it will be a non post-count area.

For #3, the old forum I was part of before it went belly up kind of had that system.

The idea was that there were different "teams" and they're was a "war game" scenario on the forums in a sub-section, and each teaa had it's own sub-forum who's members could post in.

I don't know if the idea would fly here with site-wide war and such, but that's how it was kind of done at that forum.

Obviously; it was only within a certain sub forum that people were "enemies" but otherwise, everyone was the same as it is now on the outside.

LG has been alerted to the problem some time back, though apparently it doesn't rate all-too highly on his to-do list. It'll get sorted to our preferences... just not yet.
Has he not already looked at it once though? About a week ago it went up to about a maximum of ten characters or so.

It's a necessary evil, sadly. It's helped staff HUGELY in the prevention of spambots mass-advertising in FFF, and won't be leaving us any time soon.

Plus like, it doesn't affect me so it's alright. :neomon:
Ah well. Didn't think of that.
Bastard.

I like the idea, though I'm unsure of where to put it. It'd be logical to place it in the spam area, though that could come with technical implications i.e that anyone can barge in and spam it. Also it'd be too elitist for even my tastes [inorite] to punish people who break the 'rule' of no posting in other people's 121 threads, so I'd need to think more on this before giving a definitive response.

If I find a suitable location however, it'll definitely be on the cards. However it will be a non post-count area.
I'd thought Meeting Room myself. Seems very appropriate to me. Which would put it under Derek's watch and he can certainly be elitist enough.

How about just enabling caps filter in non-spam sections? I don't see why it needs to be turned on in spam. I LIKE SHOUTING :gasp:

Aye, it is a bit annoying when one is on a posting spree, especially in spam where you'll be making short posts in rapid succession. By the time you can reply someone has ninja'd you. Still, it doesn't annoy me all that much.

That just seems pointless.

And I'd like to mention something. I'm sure the mods are well aware of it, but um...when is the image resize thing going to be fixed? It's fairly annoying going to threads with pictures and having them be stretched all out because the images don't resize.

Image re-sizing is one of the features LG hasn't got around to turning back on, unfortunately. Fear not, for it shall return. :gmonster:

The Meeting Room seems OK for the 121 idea, though I'm still unsure. Hell I don't even know if it'll be used by any other than yourself, Vesper, Bam and Riku.

Image re-sizing is one of the features LG hasn't got around to turning back on, unfortunately. Fear not, for it shall return. :gmonster:

Ah, lovely then. At least I have a widescreen monitor. I just typically don't make my browser take up the entire screen :dry:

The Meeting Room seems OK for the 121 idea, though I'm still unsure. Hell I don't even know if it'll be used by any other than yourself, Vesper, Bam and Riku.

Probably not :neomon:

I was just going to get onto this. :wacky:

It only seems to be us who're doing these threads for specific people and, really, we seem to scare off anyone else who involves themselves, anyway. Besides, if we're having an elite conversation, there's always the old MSN and, since we seem to be logged on here at the same time as on MSN, there seems little point, really.

I'd find it too tempting to post in other people's threads, anyway. :wacky:

Aye, it is a bit annoying when one is on a posting spree, especially in spam where you'll be making short posts in rapid succession. By the time you can reply someone has ninja'd you. Still, it doesn't annoy me all that much..

oh i know that feeling all o well, i swear those seconds are more like minutes

And that 121 idea sounds pretty nifty, altho lord knows who id wanna chat to 121 but w/e :monster:

olol, thats a good point,does anyone else really post in spam bar us lot? :wacky:

Bumped fgj. :neomon:

In light of this merging that's going on with the Club of Memories, all of us involved are more in favour of the 121 forum than ever before.

I see no downside to it. :wacky:

Back