Unlocking Gabranth

Saigo

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
So I've completed a good portion of this game. I have Shantotto, I've beaten Chaos, I have my best character(Cloud) at level 82 and I'm currently working on my other favorites(Firion first). But I have no idea how to unlock Gabranth in the English version. I've looked everywhere. It says in the Japanese version that when you defeat Chaos that both Distant Glory story modes are unlocked, but I only got Distant Glory: Shantotto. Anyone care to help?

To unlock Gabranth you need to finish distant glory redemption and the buy him from the pp catalog. You should get both distant Glorys after you beat Chaos. According to my guide anyway.

You need to finish Shade Impulse which can be available to be played after you finish one Destiny Odyssey. (I'm currently finishing up the 10 Destiny Odyssey and I haven't even touched Shade Impulse, the above answer is based on what I've read on the internet...)

After finishing Shade Impulse, then you get Distant Glory.

BUT how come the OP didn't get Distant Glory Villains??? :confused:

I've finished all four Shade Impulses... <.< No Distant Glory yet =|

Anyone else able to shed some light on this?

Hey everyone, I'm new so I figured I'd say hello :D
But to unlock Gabranth, you have to finish all the odysseys for each character, as well as Distant Glory for Shantotto. It hadn't even shown up for me until I'd finished all the Odysseys. And just giving you a heads up, if you have any characters that are lvl100 then you should use them, you'll fly right though it. Gabranth himself is pretty easy and I'm even playing on the "Hardcore Gamer" setting that you set in the beginning of the game. And lastly, After you finish that segment of the story, there is another part where you fight characters that are in their 90's lvls and thats what I'm doing now, Its pretty tough :P

Ah thank you equ1ox! I have yet to beat the Destiny Odyssey for Onion Knight or Terra x_x So hopefully after beefing them up I'll go right through it. And yeah my Cloud is almost Lv 90 and I'm a beast with him(OMNISLASH V5 FTW!!!) Although I do like playing as Firion and Bartz so we'll see what happens... ^_^ Thanks again, to everyone who contributed!

I like helping, It's good karma :D Those were also the last 2 I waited on doing
(Terra and Onion Knight) Frankly, I'm just plain terrible with those two.

Join the club. I stick to Cloud, Bartz and Firion, in that order. Not a big magic person really.

But thanks again! Still working on Onion Knight's story... >.<

Gabranth is kicking ass! Especially in the Arcade Mode where the levels of the character don't matter (cause he's underleveled compared to the other guys). He may be awkward to use, but he's so powerful in EX mode.

Back