Dirge of Cerberus Vincent's Arm

Darkblade

Veteran
Gil
What's your opinion on Vincent's claw like gauntlet? Do you think it's a replacement because he lost his old arm, hiding an horrific injury or just for show?

I think it's probably a strength enhancer to help that arm because of an old injury or Hojo's pathetic experiments weakened that arm.

I always thought his arm was mutated by the experiements. Isn't the black on his arm his actual arm and then the metal around it is just a gauntlet protecting it and hiding most of it from view? Also aren't the claws attatched to his fingers? That's just what I always thought because when you see him in that cutscene waking up and looking down at his hands his arm is black and he isn't wearing the gauntlet. As for the Claws use when he uses a Melee attack with his left arm I noticed an aura around it and so it must make his attacks stronger? I dunno *shrugs* That's just what I think.

His arm is not a prosthetic one. You can see that the metal of the gauntlet has been grafted onto the leather on his arm. And if that isn't proof enough for you, during his various transformations, his left-arm shows no sign of being prosthetic, as it looks equal to the other arm which is natural.

Last edited:
Nobody said his arm was prosthetic, jeeze you really push when somebody is supposedly wrong. I have quickly come to notice this because of my thread about Cloud's sword. You made me feel stupid like I didn't know what I was talking about. You need to watch how you word things because you come across as a know-it-all and it could make others feel stupid. I merely pointed out that his flesh was black in the cutscene. As for the claws, I think those are grafted into his flesh, but that's just my opinion as it nerver directly states that. For all you know his arm could be prosthetic but none of us know because as I stated before, it never said anything about his arm. However that is how I feel and I also feel the gauntlet is there to hide his mutated flesh as well.

Nobody said his arm was prosthetic, jeeze you really push when somebody is supposedly wrong. I have quickly come to notice this because of my thread about Cloud's sword. You made me feel stupid like I didn't know what I was talking about. You need to watch how you word things because you come across as a know-it-all and it could make others feel stupid. I merely pointed out that his flesh was black in the cutscene. As for the claws, I think those are grafted into his flesh, but that's just my opinion as it nerver directly states that. For all you know his arm could be prosthetic but none of us know because as I stated before, it never said anything about his arm. However that is how I feel and I also feel the gauntlet is there to hide his mutated flesh as well.

Actually, my comment on this thread was directed to the original poster, who hypothesized that perhaps Vincent's arm is a replacement for his original one.

I do apologize for any offence I have caused you, but personally I don't see where I have been arrogant or belittled you. I haven't called you an imbecile, I have simply corrected you. After all, wouldn't you prefer to know the truth nature of things?

I always thought his arm was mutated by the experiements. Isn't the black on his arm his actual arm and then the metal around it is just a gauntlet protecting it and hiding most of it from view? Also aren't the claws attatched to his fingers? That's just what I always thought because when you see him in that cutscene waking up and looking down at his hands his arm is black and he isn't wearing the gauntlet. As for the Claws use when he uses a Melee attack with his left arm I noticed an aura around it and so it must make his attacks stronger? I dunno *shrugs* That's just what I think.

Totally agree with you there Miss LadyAerith. ^_^

I agree with some of you guys and I also think that his arm is mutated underneath and he covers it with the black glove with the guantlet grafted over it to hide the mutation so yeah I agree with LadyAerith too. I think he can remove the glove and gauntlet but doesn't cuz of mutation.

~ + Hell's Angel + ~

i think its just a gauntlet, over a glove, over a perfectly normal unmutated arm, and he just wears the gauntlet for enhanced melee.... and because its just so darn sexy! XD

I've always thought it was because of when he got JENOVA cells inserted into him? Maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe it could just be for show, hm?

Maybe because he had some kind of accident through the experiments many years ago and decided to have it covered up before he slept in the coffin in Nibelheim.

He's wanking arm, makes it feel rougher (Hey the guy has been asleep for years, he's blatenly got an enormous stockpile to shoot! :P)

At first I thought the arm was a mutation, but in DIrge of Cerberus I realised it looked more like a fancy gauntlet as a means of reminding him of his shame.

I think he has it cause it makes him look cooler.... Does there have to be a reason for everything? Why does Tidus have a faggoty voice? Why does Cloud not look like a cloud? heh.... ever think of that

i think that the reasons are:
1. it is to cover up where jenova cells have wreaked havoc eg. geostigma
2. i heard somewhere that the claws were in refrence to greek mythology where beasts eg. cerberus had brass claws
3. to increase the whole offwarding effect of the custume
4. a good idea for a melee weapon

Back