Who find the 'Clash on the Big Bridge' (from the Gilgamesh battle) really catchy?

It did my head in, it was just going over and over on a loop, and because I failed so bad at this game, I died quite alot, so I had to do this Big Bridge bit alot til I finally beat Gilgamesh, so whenever I hear that tune, it makes me shudder

Quick note guys, don't spam the thread up with one liners, tell us what you think about it etc cheers in advance :awesome:

uhhh, who didn't?
my favourite part of the game was that battle on the big bridge, the music was great to.
I about crapped my pants when the Black Mages came out with and upfated version, and since then I've collected multiple ver sions of it on my ipod

I have them all from:
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy V Advanced (in stereo)
Final Fantasy XII
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon (titled "Raphael's Theme")
Black Mages
and then an mp3 rip of Kurikinton's verison

in fact check Kurikinton Fox's version of this song right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz3RF4AcY7s

Yeah im going to agree with Kelly on this one, i despised this bridge, the music was good, but when i hear it, i actually twitch a little. I skipped so much on the game, so when i got to the battle with gilgamesh, i was no where near ready and ened up getting my ass handed to me as well as kicked multiple times over.

Yeah im going to agree with Kelly on this one, i despised this bridge, the music was good, but when i hear it, i actually twitch a little. I skipped so much on the game, so when i got to the battle with gilgamesh, i was no where near ready and ened up getting my ass handed to me as well as kicked multiple times over.

lollz, same thing happened to me on my first attempt :D
then I got a guide book XD

I believe a lot of the FF players really enjoyed it. I loved it as well ^^
Can´t really tell why, but it was (as you said) really catchy.

Umm, not too much. I died once as far as I remember.
Second time I just quickly casted armor/protect (whatever it is called) on all my characters before he became serious. For some reason, I this simple tactic always works... even against the final boss (but it was shell instead of protect).

I liked the music before fighting him (heard it on YouTube) and it is still one of my favorites. As well as Gilgamesh himself.

Last edited:
I heard the Battle on the Big Bridge theme long before I actually reached the Big Bridge, and I have to say that even then I loved it. I like how it has three very different parts to it.

Anyways, when I reached that point in the game, and I was fighting my way along the Big Bridge, it took the music to a whole new level for me, because it just fit the occasion so well. It's interesting though that they'd use this music for the Gilgamesh fights, given how funny they turn out to be!

Haha Clash on the Big Bridge is the reason I started playing V which was just today actually I never wanted to play it before I heard the song a couple of weeks ago then I decided to play it along with XIII. But about the song it really is a well done song and it makes sense why Nobuo redid this song.

This is my favourite theme in the game. When I heard for the first time in the game, I was like "whoa, kick ass!" xD

I like the original game version, and the Black Mages version too. Very groovy :3

Battle on the Big Bridge is my favorite theme from FF1-5. First, it was awsome becuase it's awesome. Second, it was awesome becuase it was on a BRIDGE. Third, it was epic beacuase
you just escaped from Casle Exdeath, and you know he is following you and wants to kiiiiil you.
Oh, and Gilgamesh was pretty awesome to.

oh I have'nt heard the black mages version I'll have to look it up, yeah it was pretty good. I especially liked the intro it sounded so eighties but definatley some of the best music in the game, and there's some pretty good ones.

Ooh, I like this :D It's very elaborate and has a very classic old-school FF sound. And actually, there's a part that reminds me of one of Setzer's airship themes in VI, from about 0:55 to 1:00:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtdQl6WuFeI

This may not be exactly where I'm remembering it from, but I know I've heard it somewhere :hmmm: Anyway I've never played V, but this makes me want to :awesome:

Did you play XII because its the same song you hear when you face Gilgamesh. Only remixed in a orchestrated version. Still just as good from what I have heard on youtube.

THE BEST SONG IN ALL FF!!!

Well, it is really catchy, but I wouldn't go that far, One-Winged Angel might be my favourite FF song, to me it just screams epic. Cloud vs. Sephiroth. :P

But yeah, staying on topic... *raises paw* I like the Clash on the Big Bridge music, it has a very good pace to it and a good tune to it too, I like battling to that on Dissidia: Final Fantasy sometimes. :D

Back