Who was bored sick of ultros ?

Korytco

White Mage
Gil
The guy kept coming back. I was so sick of killing him. I never liked him to begin with. I think they over did the whole ultros thing.

Hope this is not a thread yet, or simply too boring to post in. Anyone that has played FF6 though knows ultros comes back...ALOT . Perhaps too much ?

Ultros always annoyed me because everytime I face him my characters are always underleveled. He's not that hard of a villian so it would take me forever to finally win the battle.

I liked him better in the WOR because I found it amusing that he was working at the fighting place.

I loved Ultros, good for LoLz. In a way he was kinda similar to Gilgamesh in FFV (although Gilgamesh owns Ultros :P)

Comes back a lot? you only fight him 4 times (if I remember right) which is much less than some others I can think of from the series. I loved Ultros actually, added some comical humor and had this fetish for Terra. He owned :neomon:

Shame on the FFXII Hunt though, he just looked like a fucked up Flan. I wanted to see more of his original look so I was highly disappointed.

I never grew tired of Ultros, he was a great comedy villain, and since he was an easy boss it didn't annoy me to fight him again and again.

I liked every scene of him.
His reaction when he got hit by Sabin's fire blitz or Terra's Fire (1st fight).
His reaction when Relm called him Ulty and so on.

I didn't hate Ultros or got bored of him. He was there, and I accepted that.

I hated Ultros at first. Mainly because I couldn't defeat him. Then I stopped being such a n00b and realized Banon could heal everyone with his prayer move or whatever it was and beat him really easily. Every time he appeared after that just cracked me up. He's such an annoying weird character, it's hard not to find him endearing XD

I love Ultros, especially if you go to the opera house with none of the characters who originally fought him and he still recognises you.

He cracked me up when it takes him exactly five minutes to push the weight, very random.

I loved Ultros as well. He was just bizarre and hilarious. I especially love, as the above poster noted, the fact he somehow knows it'll take him exactly five minutes. His lines, especially in the first battle and the scene with Relm, just exemplify the sheer weirdness of Ted Woolsely's translation. Normally I dislike bosses you fight multiple times (*cough* The Turks *cough) but I didn't really mind with Ultros.

Of course, as a boss, Ultros was never particularly hard.

Ultros is one of those bosses who you just love to fight and kick his sorry ass over and over again just because you can lol!

In the opera house i loved fighting him because of the whole relm thing that happened(relms not to bad btw)

You don't fight Ultros in the Opera House with Relm, since Relm isn't even in the party at that stage of the game.

Although, I did love the fight at the opera house xD It was so dramatic, and the music was great!

I liked the opera house fight because it still had the water-splash animation as he moved around, despite it being a wooden stage. Also tentacle humor=win. I can't think of another humorous FF boss that was integrated into the game quite as well as Ultros, other joke bosses tended to be over the top and stick out of the game like a sore thumb.

I liked the opera house fight because it still had the water-splash animation as he moved around, despite it being a wooden stage. Also tentacle humor=win. I can't think of another humorous FF boss that was integrated into the game quite as well as Ultros, other joke bosses tended to be over the top and stick out of the game like a sore thumb.

Other humorous bosses? let me think... I thought the turks were quite funny, but probably not downright humorous, they were a bit more fearsome and I don't feel they stuck out. That playboy guy is probably the representation of the thumby bosses. Ultros was far better than any of them.

Ultros was great for comic relief. his whole attitude about everything was great. It is always fun to have one of those failure enemies coming back again and again to fight. he showed some real determination.

You don't fight Ultros in the Opera House with Relm, since Relm isn't even in the party at that stage of the game.

Although, I did love the fight at the opera house xD It was so dramatic, and the music was great!

its been a while since that fight and it was still a little foggy, i remembered a fight with ultros that had relm in it but i forgot where it took place so sorry.

Ultros = Epic Win.

Ultros was probably more like Gilgamesh. You fight him multiple times and you get lulz from him. Except for the first time you fight him; kinda hard if you don't think of a tactic.

Back