Tech Windows 7 Media Center Won't Play DVDs

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
So, I put my purchased DVD into the drive and when Windows Media Center opened, it said that I needed to change my region to region 1, since that's the region that the DVD is.

I checked all over the control panel and apparently my computer is already set at region 1, yet it won't play my dvd.

I've tried on both Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center.

Halp? :rage:

This is very interesting, I've hardly have had a chance to work with Windows 7, so my advice might not be right on.

Are you sure your disk drive is capable of reading DVDs? If it is, it should say so on the tray (the thing that you put the disk into) That could be the problem. Let me know, if that is the problem.

Yup, it says DVD ROM.

Also. Don't you have to pay for that, JVTP?

Hmmm, did you just recently get the PC? I think there's something you have to set up to allow it to play dvds. That's what I had to do for Vista at least. And, did you upgrade from Vista, XP, or just got a new PC?

Yeah, fairly new. Got it in January. :rage:

What would I have to set up?

I believe there's something in the control panel about DVDs or a disk drive, look there. it is possibly in the device manager, that's where it is for Vista. I'm clueless on how to set it up though, my dad did that part.

EDIT: Maybe try updating the driver, see if that works if nothing else does.

The earlier versions of DVD suite are free.

As for Windows Media not working. Maybe try deleting the program and re-installing it. It might even need to be updated.

It's strange that it won't let you play a region 1 DVD when it's set as Region 1 though.

Good luck with it!

Back