Worth getting?

Golbez

dark sorcerer
Gil
Hey all :]

I'm going out to the shops this weekend to buy a new game... but I'm not sure whether to get Final Fantasy XII or The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii.
If it helps, I've loved Final Fantasy most of my life and I've only just recently started with Zelda games.
If anyone here has played both of these, could you tell me which one is better?

there's no caparison... should I get Sonic the Hedgehog or Resident Evil? It's whatever you feel like playing at the time. I do know that here in California at gamestop you can get the collectors edition for like $30. That's probably why I actually bought it. They're both good games though.

Theyre both totally different games. FFXII - many changes, worth the try. TP - diff. gameplay etc. However, it doesnt have a really AMAZING new story, kinda generic. I'd rent both for a bit, then see which one you'll get first then second.

i haven't played zelda yet but im dyyying to. i have played FFXII, and can tell you thats its worth the money.

You know something, at first I was very iffy and offset by FFXII, but now that I'm playing it the second time around, I appreciate it much more. It's a very fun game. You can explore the entire world whenever you so please. ^__^

I have Twilight Princess as well.
It's very fun, but some parts are just too difficult and annoying.
Plus it's not a new game...it's a remake of a gamecube game or something...

Plus it's not a new game...it's a remake of a gamecube game or something...

It's more like a Gamecube game ported to the Wii. The decision to put it on the Wii came later down the line. It did come out on both systems, but on the Wii first (to coincide with the Wii's launch date), only like a month before the GC version came out.

I have it on GC, but I've played the Wii version and it is really fun to actually swing your sword. In my opinion though, It is one of the best zelda games of all time. Even though it is really similar to Ocarina of Time, I believe that it still beats it... just barely.

I have never played any of the previous Zelda's so I can't compare it to the preceding games. I did start playing Ocarina of time, and I thought it was pretty fun. =]

If you're looking for simple fun, then go with Zelda.
If you're looking for strategy and tactics, go with FFXII.

Both series are great in my opinion. I would probably say FFXII simply because there's probably much more to see and do and it is overall a great experience. I have played some of my mates TP on the Wii and I did love it but I'd say XII. I don't think they're that different either. They're both worth getting it's just what you can't wait to play. Think which one you simply can't wait any longer for. I think XII though. FF has always been my passion. The choice is yours.

Then you'll be pretty busy for the next month or so. lol.
Both games are totally worth playing. I actually swing back and forth between Zelda and FF when I need a break from either one.

You'll find that the wii was a very worthwhile invention. =D

You will probably get more your moneys worth with FFXII because its a longer game, however, they are both really good games in my opinion. I would be stuck in this situation to :)

Back