Yoshitaka Amano art

Ultima55

Gil
Hey! I'm a new member, and a long time FF fan. I know it's not the best to be a new member and start asking for something... But I am looking for something rather special!

I am in search of Yoshitaka Amano art. Particularly his Final Fantasy VI work.

I see there are a few art books being sold, but in reality I want poster sized or original size art. Something special, and frame worthy!

I am also interested in his art outside Final Fantasy, but it's a huge preference for FFVI art.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be ECSTATIC! Thanks!

(This is my favorite by him, and would pay BIG BUCKS for a large size copy:
blog-amano-ffvi-tina_0.jpg

:D I love that piece too. Though I must say that is the clearest render of it I have EVER seen! :O

I would love to find a large picture size of that, and then send it in to be copied onto a canvas. I think it would look fantastic.

Amano is fanastic, I love his crazy zebra patterns, and love of placing random monsters about the place to liven it up.

Hmmm.... In regards to this thread, I bought an artbook some time last year, and it was good etc, but far too small. I don't know many places where you can buy his art for cheap, and I don't think you can to be honest.

If you are just looking for pictures from the internet to print out, then I could perhaps find some, as there are some good ones out there.

<---- Amano avatar. :D

I'm a massive fan of Yoshitaka Amano, his artwork is so diverse and complex. I've never come across any of his work i can say i didn't like.
I got 2 books of his work from ebay that someone surprisingly wanted to sell, don't know why though. o_O

I was lucky with what i got, but unfortunately i don't know where you can buy his stuff as it seems very hard to get any from anywhere....

If you're looking for a site to look at loads of his work, then here's one:

http://gallery.aethereality.net/

The site seems to be down at the moment, but i guarantee there is TONS of his work here you can see when it's back up.

Oh, Welcome to teh Forums man :D

Yep, Yoshitaka Amano is one hell of an artist, really great on what he's doing.
I really think that you can unlock his Artowork in FFVI in the PSone version...don't remember good enough though...

Coming to think of it, I have another bit of Amano work... Which you CAN buy in lots of places on the internet (ebay, amazon etc). But it is non-FF.

I have a Marvel Elektra and Wolverine illustrated novel which he drew the art for, and Greg Rucka did the writing. It's a bit odd and random really, It's not a comic or a graphic novel, but has illustrations that Amano has drawn of Elektra and Wolverine doing certain actions in the story, with text on the page next to it, or in between bit of the pictures, etc.
I say its interesting for curiousity value at least.

On a similar note, he did artwork for Neil Gaiman's Sandman as well I believe, which you can also buy, though I haven't seen it myself.

Back