Donald Trump

The Michael Jordan of being a son of a bitch
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Unban James, he is innocent
FFXIV Server
Ultros
Everyone has pretty much the same favourite band, the Beatles.
However this is to showcase those bands that very few people have heard of yet you think are great.
There's only one rule, don't post well known alternative bands, MCR, 30 seconds to Mars etc. This includes trash like Blink 182 who have decided to become 'punk' coz they're cool like that, although they are as punk as Enya.

I'll start things off

It's not a great version, but it is a fantastic song.

Also

If you don't know Black Sabbath, you're a raging faggot imho.

Probably one of the best bands of it's genre from the 90s

bowling for soup was good shit.

I think Black Sabbath was a little bit too high up on the list for this thread, but I feel like it's somewhat necessary to list it :awesome:

Leviathan: Never really listened to anything like it but the song in your second vid was pretty catchy, quite liked it.

My favorite band, love these guys-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aumIFoAaYw8

Edit: YouTube post wasn't woring for some reason, so I had to post the link instead =/.

Last edited:

Excellent old time-y music. Also, she's probably the only person on the planet who can blend Appalachian and Chinese folk and not make a mess of it.

Disbanded swing revival band. Awesome.

John Zorn got me into noise. Very eclectic shit.

Wonderful, chill stuff. I dare anyone to listen to it and say electronica doesn't require talent.

The videos I will be posting will be from artists who are mostly in the hard rock genre. Just a little heads up rather than some people unsure of clicking if it is going to be some kind of death metal band. :D

Alter Bridge - Open Your Eyes

Myles Kennedy is certainly one of the best - if not the best mordern rock vocalists. This song does demonstrate what he can do although not to his full potential. I saw them perform Travelling Riverside Blues. Open Your Eyes is their first and most successful song to date so I thought I would showcase that one but they have a variety of great songs worth checking out. Some good hard rockin' songs and a few power ballads for the softies.

Alter Bridge - Watch Over You

Since Alter Bridge are my favourite band I decided to show their current single to demonstrate their power ballad side of them and by that I don't mean your cheesy Nickelback 'I love you' power ballad. I love this song which is currently playing on Scuzz as I speak.

Theory of a Deadman - Santa Monica

I've liked Theory of a Deadman for awhile and they seem to be getting popular now as their new single is currently being broadcasted over the radio stations here in the UK (Hate My Life - which is playing while I am typing this). This song is from their second album and is probably my favourite song from them. The intro itself is just simple but amazing.

Black Stone Cherry - Please Come In

I actually wanted to show the video for 'Hell & High Water' but I couldn't find it on YouTube but this will do. A very good hard rock band with a bit of soutern rock to them. This song in particular having a hard/southern rock sound in the verses then changes to a melodic chorus and outro. The first song I heard from Black Stone Cherry and now I absolutely love them, great band.

Shinedown - Devour

I was trying to find the video for 45 - my favourite Shinedown song but there doesn't seem to be many Shinedown videos on YouTube as I tried to find Sound of Madness to no avail. Since this is one of their recent singles I'll post it. This song is actually a bit political which is unlike them regards to those fighting in the Middle East.

Logan - When I Get Down

Not a good music video but it is my favourite and their most popular song. Logan are still currently unsigned but they are arguably one of the most popular unsigned bands around at the moment. This song in particular reached 12th in the rock charts and remained in the top 20 for quite a few weeks - something that an unsigned band has never achieved. Also they are from Glasgow so they get extra love for me which I will then post their recent single...

Logan - Lost & Found

Here is their latest single. I've seen this video on the likes of Scuzz top 10 hits despite Logan still being an unsigned band and the band have written a song for a movie starring Chris Brown. I won't be looking forward to the movie but I will be looking forward to Logan's song.

That'll do for now. :D

EDIT: For some reason the videos aren't working. Bastard! I put a lot of work into this post. :(

EDIT II: Got them working and I added the song Watch Over You by Alter Bridge.

Last edited:
Midnight Juggernauts - Into the Galaxy

The Midnight Juggernauts have a fairly unique, spacey sound, which is one of the main reasons why I like them. I find most of thier songs to be quite catchy.

Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure

My friend let me borrow one of their albums and that's how I was introduced to this band, I don't think I've ever heard them on the radio or seen them on TV. Their sound kinda reminds me of The Strokes.

Crystal Castles.
The lyrics are quite difficult to hear and their songs are very depressing, this one is about a daughter being sexually molested. But I think that the sound that they have is amazing.

Some Porcupine Tree!

Lazarus:

Piano Lessons:

Lazarus is one of their best songs, and Piano Lessons is pretty good. Most of their stuff tends to be heavier than both of those though, but I couldn't find any decent videos.

Last edited:
I really like Badly Drawn Boy, he did the soundtrack for the film About a Boy which was how I found out about him. His stuff is quite acousticy and especially in his first album quite experimental with instruments.

This is probably his best known song - Something to Talk About

Err.. Idlewild? To be honest I don't know how popular or unheard of they are, but hardly anybody I speak to has heard of them. >_>

A couple of favourites by them - In Remote Part/Scottish Fiction and Poor Thing

You Held the World in Your Arms is also a great song but I couldn't find a decent video. >_>

Joanna Newsom is a really lovely musician I think. I guess not to everyone's taste, but I find her songs very sweet and relaxing. A very soft sound, most of the songs are just Joanna singing and her harp.

This Side of the Blue

I will post a few bands or artists I like, but I won't add any videos. You can find all of these by just searching them on Youtube, but if you can't send me a PM and I will link ya.

Evans Blue (A band I really like, not widely known, a great song by then is "Cold But I'm Still Here").

Adam and Andrew (A parody type group. A couple of guys that make funny music, a good song to listen to is "I'm A Gangster")

Atmosphere (A solo rapper who is pretty decent and reminds me a bit of Eminem. A GREAT song by him is "Trying to Find a Balance")

30 Seconds to Mars (I love this band. They are a bit more popular than the others, but they still don't get as much respect as they deserve. A good song by them is "The Kill")

Daughtry (This is a fairly new band, and has Chris Daughtry as a lead singer, an American Idol Finalist. They are pretty popular since his American Idol performances, but still not greatly popular. A good song by them is "It's Not Over")

I know there are tons of others, but those are just a few for now. Hope you enjoy!

There's only one rule, don't post well known alternative bands, MCR, 30 seconds to Mars etc. This includes trash like Blink 182 who have decided to become 'punk' coz they're cool like that, although they are as punk as Enya.

30 Seconds to Mars (I love this band. They are a bit more popular than the others, but they still don't get as much respect as they deserve. A good song by them is "The Kill")

:awesome:

Anyway, I've been growing to like Abney Park quite a bit recently...
They're an odd band with a brilliant Steampunk image. They even toured on an airship one time!

Here is Sleep Isabella from their album Lost Horizons:

Probably not the best song for showing the Steampunk image though. I'll look for another one soon...ish..

Last edited:
A bit of early 90s grunge with Alice In Chains, who deserve more recognition thab they got, but they have quite a rock-ish sound, so that may have been held against them.

It's quite typical of the AIC sound, though they did slower softer songs too.

And the Psychedelic Furs who can best be described as New Wave rock, which means very little. A bit like Suede and Gary Numan and Pink Floyd.

and

Back