Your Favourite Final Fantasy VI Character

Who's your favourite character from FFVI?

• Terra Branford

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Locke Cole

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Celes Chere

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Edgar Figaro

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Sabin Figaro

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Cyan Garamonde

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Shadow

• Gau

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Setzer Gabbiani

• Strago Magus

• Relm Arrowny

• Mog

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Gogo

• Umaro

• Kefka Palazzo

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Leo Cristophe

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Banon

• Cid Marquez

• Emperor Gestahl

• Other

• Total voters

Lirael

I love to read and discuss pretty much anything!
Veteran
Gil
Final Fantasy VI has quite an ensemble of characters - there are fourteen playable characters, the most of any game in the main Final Fantasy series to date. Who was your favourite and why?

Please give detailed reasons! You may choose more than one character. ^_^ Feel free to choose antagonists and extras.

My favorite is Cyan and by far is the only one that has a GOOD reason to face and kill Kefka, and his story and character quest is the more emotive of all of them, the saddest part in FF6 is when Cyan sees his familily going on the phantom Train and when he is consumed by sadness as he was unable to save them.

Those moments completely win over Celes attempt of suicide, so Cyan for me is the MC and his sword thecnics are great.

Shadow.

The nature/virtue embodied by most other characters can be analogized to other characters in the entire FF series. Things like honor, justice, love, etc... are always recurring themes. But Shadow's entire story and eventual redemption is pretty unique. I don't think you can point to any playable character in the FF series who is remotely similar to Shadow. Now that I think of it, his arc is actually pretty similar to Darth Vader's.

Plus I find it funny that his actual name is Clyde. That's in the top 5 when it comes to the most unintimidating names.

Kefka Palazzo

Because he is just like a crazy psychopath that dresses like a clown/jester, and he just amuses me, especially in Dissidia.

Kefka, Kefka, and Kefka. lol. He is my all time favorite villian.

But I also loved Celes so I voted for her too. She was my favorite character to fight with. I just like her style. Other characters I loved: Shadow and Setzer.

I like many characters from VI. My favourite is Locke, actually he is my favourite from Final Fantasy and not just from VI.

To be honest I would have voted for Cyan but I think they didnt give us enough time to like him before his family was killed, I was sad of course but I still didnt care much for him. In the end I voted up for Mog.. I just love Mog. He isnt developed very well but he was a BEAST in battle!

Mog.

He's a beast, he's quirky, and he's a non-human that's a hell of a lot more intelligent then most humans.

Plus, I always liked his Dances. They pulled me out of some tight spots at times.

Edgar and Sabin.

I started playing this when I was little with my older brother, so I always named them after the two of us and they were permanent fixtures in my party. Plus, they're both beasts in this game!

First off I'd just like to say this is by far my favorite game in the series. That being said, Its definitely a tie between the Figaro brothers, Edgar and his tools makes him an incredibly versatile party member, While Sabin's immensely powerful blitz command make him a great damage dealer. If it had to come down to abilities it would definitely be Sabin, However if it came down to Looks I would have to say Edgar. Either way they're both bad motherf**ckers that should not be underestimated!

My favorite is Cyan and by far is the only one that has a GOOD reason to face and kill Kefka

So Terra has no good reason for being manipulated or having her parents destroyed by Ghestal's invasion, who was later teamed with Kefka? :P Seems like a legit reason to me. They all do have reasons, but I do agree that Cyan is one of the characters that's up there with a real reason.

My favorites are Terra, Mog, Locke, and Sabin. I like mage/warriors (Terra), Locke has a neat story, Sabin is just a bad ass, and Mog is cute. I like moogles :P

Terra Branford. I just like her. It's simple

And Relm. I ROFL'd when she shouted at Strago to wake him up. Her foul mouthed behavior just cracks me up.

Gameplay wise, I pick the Figaro brothers. You can create a butthole with Edgar's drill without any mp or items wasted. Same with Sabin's blitz. Just enter the input correctly and presto! Can he deal a pretty heavy damage

I wish Leo should have been a permanent party member. His shock was so badass that it can wipe the floor with some monsters.

Shadow with Cyan as a close 2nd for me.

I've got a thing for mysterious characters in the FF series. I like how Shadow's really isn't controlled by anyone in the game and he does what he wants, when he wants, for who he wants. His closest relationship is with his dog, but he keeps his emotions at check and his opinions out in the open. You want him to help? You gotta pay him the right amount. His train robbing backstory about him and his partner who met his unfortunate fate had me pretty pumped to keep using Shadow as a main character in my fighting party.

For me, Celes and Locke won the cup, i just love seeing their relationship and determination to move on. Celese from being conflicted general who fell in love to Locke, and Locke from being blaming himself for hurting his girlfriend, Rachel.

I also love Terra especially when she stay in Mobliz to protect Duane and Katarin and the children from Humbaba. Her realization of feeling love really hit me.

Relm also have my attention with her cheerful attitude, i just love when she is randomly appear on Thamasa mountain following the team, her interaction with Ultros also is a gold, and her anger when seeing Strago for being Kefka's Cult also great :D

Honorable mention to Kefka, he is just an insane villain that really unique and can't be completely hate for his being. He is an example what could be happened to a mistake being experiment on.

Whoops didn't realise Kefka was in voting I thought it was favourite character from the returners.
Celes is my favourite female character her story is compelling from been tortured and turning on the empire to her devastation when Cid dies and her courage in getting the returners back together. Felt she showed more courage and leadership than Terra.
Edgar would be favourite male character of the returners he was just funny and yet daft as a brush at the same time his poor attempts pretending not to be himself with the thieves in World of Ruin was hilarious.
Kefka was most enjoyable bad guy I found to interact with-a delightful nutcase who you couldn't predict and he was happy to backstab anyone to get what he wanted just wish his final battle was abit more challenging I had more trouble with him in Narshe.

For me, I have to go with Terra, Celes and General Leo.

Terra for the simple reason that even when she is alone and felt weak, she showed courage and strength to keep going and to fight.

Celes for her courage to stand against orders from the empire, and to have faith in her friends that she never lost them.

Leo for just being so damn awesome! Strong, and brilliant... Too bad he had blind loyalty.

Back