Your type of music

Jack's Smirking Revenge

i am the one who knocks
Veteran
Gil
Well the title is pretty self-explanatory. What sort of music do you like to listen to and why?

Myself, I listen to Indie and Alternative mostly, which is bands such as Arctic Monkeys, The Killers and The Feeling. What makes them great for me is the memorable choruses and general all round music. Those sort of bands in partiular help me to concentrate really well. I also like listening to Rock though, such as Muse. Some bands in that category too have good music that really sticks in your mind

I listen to mainly rock and as some people say emo! I'll really lsiten to anything, if I like it, I like it! The genre I least listen to is R'n'B and hip-hop, it just doesnt appeal to me.

I listen to almost anything really, besides emo, most rap, and country.

I used to be really into death metal and grindcore such as Cannibal Corpse, Decapitated, Napalm Death, Morbid Angel, The Berzerker, etc. But not so much anymore, it just doesn't really appeal to me anymore.

Now a days I find myself listening to a lot of industrial/techno stuff, some power metal (namely Dragonforce), and classical (such as Beethoven, and Bach). I guess I see more of myself in these genres, if that makes any sense. I'm almost always in the mood for it, I really like the energies I get from it, and it just feels like me.

Classic rock, all the way. I'm all about the 80's rock and pop, 70's and 80's rock, and Juelz Santana... since he's the ONLY rap I listen too. Other than Final Fantasy music and various other oddities, I listen to classical music on occassion... but it's been a while.

i cant really say what types of music i listen to - but my favorite bands are Within Temptation, ABBA, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, James Blunt, FF music and of course Dido.

So ill listen to anything XD

my favourite song at the moment is my humps by the black eyed peas - so XD anything.

hmm i listen to like indie and i guess emo and more hardcore? i guess you would say that... idk i like underoath, the bled and scary kids scaring kids and bands like that. and then other random bands like taking back sunday, the used, coheed and cambria and thursday. i love listening to that stuff really loudly and just yelling along haha

Well my music taste has changed a lot recently i've gone from likeing Alternative Rock like Muse to Metal, my favourite band at the moment is System Of A Down, in fact, i'm listening to them right now ^^

Erm.....Folk Metal/Punk I suppose is my favourite right now. Moonsorrow, Korpiklaani, Ensiferum, Flogging Molly, the Pogues etc. but I do like a bit of Indie, Classic Rock and such. Bits of everything really, even rap.

According to winamp's media library my top artists are:
1) BT : breakbeat/electronic/techno/whatev.
2) I Am X : Kinda electronic pop alternative. It's the solo project of the male vocalist from the Sneaker Pimps, Chris Corner.
3) Sneaker Pimps : See above x_x
4) The Southland : Mellow alternative with some electronic effects
5) The Faint : self explanitory
6) Electric President : Mellow vocal electronic.
7) Royksopp: self explanitory
8) Family Force 5 : southern white boy christian crunk rock. Seriously.
9) Zeromancer : goth / industrial / stuff
10) The Flashbulb: IDM

So yeah I think that top 10 pretty much gives you a good idea of my musical tastes. Or something.

I listen to a lot.
I like really really good Electro-pop the most when I can find it. Like
Cut Copy and Junior Boys and Ladytron
Some Indie sound is good, but like other genres its all starting to sound the same unless you get underground. Atm, Bloc Party is enough to satisfy.
I listen to non-gangsta rap. Stuff like K-os and The Streets.
I really got into Japanese music last year. It opens you up to a whole new culture of music. Pop like Utada and Bonnie Pink. Indie-rock like Supercar and The Pillows. Rap like M-Flo and Halcali
And when Im in a really weird but rare mood, I listen to some classical like Claude Debussey and anime scores

I listen to a lot.
I like really really good Electro-pop the most when I can find it. Like
Cut Copy and Junior Boys and Ladytron
Some Indie sound is good, but like other genres its all starting to sound the same unless you get underground. Atm, Bloc Party is enough to satisfy.
I listen to non-gangsta rap. Stuff like K-os and The Streets.
I really got into Japanese music last year. It opens you up to a whole new culture of music. Pop like Utada and Bonnie Pink. Indie-rock like Supercar and The Pillows. Rap like M-Flo and Halcali
And when Im in a really weird but rare mood, I listen to some classical like Claude Debussey and anime scores

That's funny MR...I was listening to Junior Boys as I read this post XD.

Anyways, I'm one of those indie kids that rarely listens to anything mainstream. Peter Bjorn and John is owning me right now, as is Danielson. I dislike 'emo' and most mainstream rap with lyrics exclusively about ho's and money...although I have a bunch of guilty pleasure in the rap genre. Classic rock is tight if I'm in the mood, as is some electronica or techno or whatever.

Yeah, Ladytron is really cool, I also like Adult. a lot. Any form of industrial/electronica/techno I really like.

Rock and metal variants are my staple diet of music. Classic metal, power metal, thrash, rock, emo, punk....what-ever, I tendo to find something I like in most bands with loud guitars. Not so keen on the indie types but again there's a few I can dig.

I also quite like techno stuff, but I don't listen to it enough to rhyme off artists' names, if it comes on I'll listen to it and probably like it.

Game music is also a big feature in my media library ( as the topic down the page suggests:P ). Favourite composers' from games are probably; Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Motoi Sakuruba, Yuzo Koshiro and Michiru Yamane.

Hm i'm listen to everything
but most to everthing has to do with the movies Bollywood,and averthing from FF.
Also listen to a lot of the 80' Queens,Sting,Europe,Bon Jovi,Phill Collins,
Abba,Boney M.,Dire Straits,Rolling Stones(Rocks),and so on and so on.
On haevy days i like listen to Eminem,50 cent stuff like that.
And the time i need to work well Jo Lo,Shakira,Celin Dion,and so on.

So you see i'm listen to everything,but it must be good.

Back