Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Square Enix and Media Vision are teaming up once again on iPhone! As detailed earlier this week, the two are working on Chaos Rings Omega, a prequel to the first Chaos Rings.

Have a first look here via this four minute reveal trailer.

Famitsu.com has additional screens and details.

According to the site, Omega is set 10,000 years before the events of the first Chaos Rings. You'll follow a story centered on the characters of Viegue his wife and daughter Vahti. Viegue appeared in the original game as Olgar.

This setup is different from the original, which had players select their main character and partner from four pairs. Here, the story is told just from Viegue's perspective, although battles are still fought in pairs.

06lUJ.jpg

Chaos Rings Omega will hit the App Store in May. Square Enix has yet to announce pricing.

As mentioned yesterday, Omega isn't the real Chaos Rings II. That title is also in development. At the end of the trailer, you can see a first piece of artwork:

J1i8a.jpg

Source: Andriasang

This looks very impressive for an iPhone game. I just wish it was also available for a more common game system like a PSP. I don't think I'd be playing an iPhone game for a story experience as shown here. It's unlikely I'd have my sound up all the way to hear this 'voice acting' that I'm assuming could be in the actual game.

I bought the original Chaos Rings when it was on offer, but app games don't hold my attention for very long...unless they happen to be either Plants vs. Zombies or Pocket Frogs, anyway.

Still, I imagine I'll give this a look in, since I quite liked the presentation of the original Chaos Rings. Well, provided Square Enix give it a decent price tag, and the odds of that happening are minimal...

I am so excited for chaos rings omega and chaos rings II :D

I am addicted to the first chaos rings. For those who stopped because of the dull storyline, keep playing because the crazy twists are yet to come. My only complaints are the easy grinding and repetitiveness in each scenario. Chaos rings omega is looking good so far...

uwaaaht? A game that is not a Final Fantasy spinoff/sequal/prequal/sidestory? Preposterous!

Actually, it's a prequel to a Square-Enix game :britt:

That's what Square-Enix is good for nowadays, making prequels or sidestories for all their games. :rage:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back