Adelbert Steiner - what a guy

Haha, I like how the thread has "stainer" in it because I always named Steiner "Stain" because I though he was a big obnoxious stain :-D

He'd be more annoying if he was like every other character in the FF series. I like uniqueness. I hate boring original "exemplary" characters. Different is good.

Steiner...he was kinda childish to me. But his temper got better during the game, he stopped babbling "Princess" everywhere...and...XD He was useful to my party.

Come on. Even if you do think he's annoying, he's a gREAT character to have in battle.

haha i liked the way Steiner was over protective. He was funny without meaning to be.

I agree with the guys in here that say that steiner added something special to the game. I loved the way zidane and steiner always argued, and i liked the humor that he brought.

haha i thought steiner was great and hilarious. i never got annoyed cause i mean look at the poor guy, hes obviously got no friends and hes wearing rusty armor.

Haha, Steiner is so cuuuute! Sure, hes exagerating a litle, but hes so loyal to Garnet. He made me laugh so many times. xD

I dunno. I'm kinda accustomed to his extraordinary attack strength and am still awed at the Magic Sword attack. Personality-wise, I dislike his constancy towards protecting Dagger and insisting on calling her "Princess", despite the obvious fact that SHE BECOMES QUEEN IN THIRD DISC!!! In general, I find him irritating, but his physical strength and defense are rivaled or surpassing Zidane's.

Steiner's Judgement:

STEINER: Physical attack/defense: 10/10
Magical attack/defense: 9/10
Personality: 3/10
Overall rating: 6/10

(I'm sorry it's so low, but dammit, can't stand his constant clanking amd his over-protection towards Dagger.)

steiners the best in battle cause he has the highest hp
he has shock which does 9999 once your str is at a certain lv
he has sword magic
he has the best weapon-excalibur2 and the best armour- tin armour

i liked his character as well cause ie was funny

He did get annoying very soon old rusty lol.
Especialy when he had like 10 lines of text and they all ended in Protect Dagger

In battle, Steiner was awesome. But out of battle, i wanted to take his sword and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Goooooooodddddddd.

Steiner, in most aspects, was a great character. I can't say I found him annoying enough to want to jump through the TV set and inflict dire pain on his ass, and if a character gets past that stage with me, it's a pretty good start.

A fine combatant, and a damn humorous guy... I can't fault him. Except for that armour he always had on... made him look tubby and lethargic, despite movements which inspire thoughts to the contrary.

Loved him. Possibly the best character on IX for me.

Last edited:
I liked Steiner! His character is awesome, because in my opinion he's funny when he's shouting to Zidane and trying to get Garnet/Dagger back to the castle. It was kinda sad when Garnet/Dagger got mad to him and made him quiet and sulky. Besides, the game would lose a huge piece of it, if Steiner wasn't in it. And I'm very happy that Steiner likes and admires Vivi, because it would be a shame if his character hated everyone except Garnet/Dagger.

In battle, he's strong, he has very good tecniques and Magic Sword. Awesome fighter, nothing more to it.

There should definitely have been a poll for this. There's so many mixed opinions! :P

I liked Steiner, although not at first. I eventually saw he was loyal to Dagger and he was awesome to use in battle.

In battle, he just looked like a cheap Beatrix.
Quote of the year :lol:

Yeah thats pretty much the reason why beatrix isnt a playable character forever - shes too much like Steiner...and after completing IX i have to say that, that is the only thing about Steiner which annoys me now XD

hmm...rusty, he's not that bad, I just hate it co'z he's always shouting "princess" everywhere, he's like an actor on a drama series, I mean a super drama series

Back