Crisis Core Aerith's new voice...

Blue Link

Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
how do you guys like Aerith's new voice actress, Andrea Bowen? I think she does a good job, though I'd like her voice to be a little softer. I always imagined her voice to be soft.

yeah shes pretty good.

its a bit of a shame they portray Aries as a bit of a dumb character... Some of the things she says and does, then again, maybe its just me

yeah shes pretty good.

its a bit of a shame they portray Aries as a bit of a dumb character... Some of the things she says and does, then again, maybe its just me

I'm with you there. She sounds alright, but some of the stuff she does when you first meet her spooks you, and makes you have to ask 'WTF? Did she really just say hooray? :wacky:'

Other than that, I don't think she's outstanding, but at least it's a lot farther off than it could be worse.

Andrea Bowen? She plays Julie on Desperate Housewives, and I never would have guessed it was her O_O

Huge improvement from the other VAs Aerith has had though.

I think Aerith's new voice suits her perfectly. I'm not sure what you people are talking about, her doing weird things or the game making her seem stupid. I mean the girl is very young. Only 16 or 17 years right now at the present time, but I find it funny that people sure are quick to find anything to dis on her...

Anyway, this new girl, Andrea Bowen, gives Aerith so much character and so much personality. I love how she pulls of the playful side of her which is something that I loved about Aerith when I first saw her in FFVII. Just a side note too, it really is awesome getting to travel all over FFVII Gaia and get to revisit places I so well remember from the game in such gorgeous graphics!

I think Aerith's new voice suits her perfectly. I'm not sure what you people are talking about, her doing weird things or the game making her seem stupid. I mean the girl is very young. Only 16 or 17 years right now at the present time, but I find it funny that people sure are quick to find anything to dis on her...

we're talking bout the silly things Aries says. I can't think of a quote, but she does say some weird things that you're like; ''the Aries from the original game wouldn't say that''

Anyway, this new girl, Andrea Bowen, gives Aerith so much character and so much personality. I love how she pulls of the playful side of her which is something that I loved about Aerith when I first saw her in FFVII. Just a side note too, it really is awesome getting to travel all over FFVII Gaia and get to revisit places I so well remember from the game in such gorgeous graphics!

well thats the reason it's selling so well :P getting to see FFVII's towns in such great detail is amazing.. im loving it so far

i freaked when I saw the chocobo farm ^_^

but yeah, Aerith really freaked me out. She's all "SOLDIER is scary. They like to fight." I know that isn't scary, but I cant think of any quotes. but overall, she has more personality than Mena Suvari's rendition. but in Mena's defense, she was playing a dead character...

I don't like Aeris being called Aerith, same as in Kingdom Hearts, It always make me think that everyone saying her name has got a lisp and cant prenounce the "S".

I dont really understand why they changed her name in all the spin offs and cameos.

Anyway i like this voice actor, i think she has portrayed Aeris very well.

I dont really understand why they changed her name in all the spin offs and cameos.

Because it was originally meant to be "Aerith" anyway, but it was a translation error. And apparently both spellings are pronounced the same anyway...

I love Andrea Bowen, and I can't wait to see how she voices Aerith in the rest of CC - I've only seen that one scene with her and Zack xD

I have to agree with all of that, :P I gotta say I love everything in the game...

Because it was originally meant to be "Aerith" anyway, but it was a translation error. And apparently both spellings are pronounced the same anyway...

I love Andrea Bowen, and I can't wait to see how she voices Aerith in the rest of CC - I've only seen that one scene with her and Zack xD

No, actually they're not pronounced the same, Mark. It's just like with Sephiroth. In the Japanese version, Sephiroth's name is pronounced Seph-i-ros and Aerith's name is pronounced Aer-i-su.

In the English version Sephiroth is pronounced with the TH sound as is Aerith. It's the proper spelling and proper pronunciation for us English speakers.

I've not played Crisis Core myself but I've just searched her on Youtube for the sake of this thread (thereby spoiling half the game myself btw xD) and I'm not disappointed tbh. I'm quite biased towards Mandy Moore and maintain that she should never have been dumped. However, if the original voice actor was Andrea Bowen then I'd probably be saying the same, so I'm quite split.

As a side note, she's obviously been bumped up. :wacky:
IMDB said:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (2005) (voice: English version) .... Girl
Quite the leap, eh? xD

Aerith's new VA is absolutely wonderful! She has just the right amount of sweetness and sassyness in her voice, unlike Mena who just read lines off of the page. Andrea actually puts emotion in her voice, something Aerith hasn't had since Mandy Moore stopped playing her! The new VA has made all of the difference in the world, and I'm loving Crisis Core because of her. I hope that in ACC, they redo all of Aerith's lines with her as the VA...

I've come to the conclusion that Aerith's voice will never satisfy me, no matter how many Voice Actors try to perfect it...

I liked Zack's voice though. =]

And I agree...when she said "hooray" out loud...=\

I hope if VII is remade soon that Bowen will be approaced and agree to do the voice. At first I was jarred since I was used to the voice from AC, but found that Andrea's voice was the perfect fit for the character.

And please, there are some instances in FFVII where she has akward lines as well. It is just different hearing them compared to merely reading them.

Back