Alternate Ending

K_Unit

Ex-Soldier
Gil
i didn't know this but supposedly there is an alternate (added to the original) ending for the international version of the game.

it basically sets you up for FF X-2

does anyone have the international version or has anyone else heard this?

i have read the transcript for it. that's if my source is reliable.

*SPOILERS*

Last edited:
The only ending that I saw, was the one of Tidus opening his eyes and swimming up to the surface.

No, he's talking about the missing video between the two. I don't know if it was in the international version or not but I've seen it. It's alright... I'll post the clip here in a second...

Yea, it's called Another Story.

Part 1
Part 2

They're both in Japanese with English subs... but I'm sure you can find an English dub if you look around

Last edited:
I just found out this morning that there even was such a thing as the added ending. i am not going to buy the international version just to see it, but maybe i'll watch it when you post the link.

I'm not sure on the details of either, because I haven't completed FFX yet, but I think that in the alternate ending you see Tidus and Yuna on the deck of the airship and he goes to the Farplane. Not actually sure though

I haven't rly heard much about this ending I beat final fantasy X a while ago but i have the U.S version so I wouldn't know if the international version has the other ending I've heard about the eternal calm thing like how yuna became a sphere hunter and all that

i'm assuming you have to defeat penance... not sure... but after penance the "story" should be complete... and there won't be any tougher bosses, however the fact you fight the dark aeons in FFX-2, and Yuna didn't recognize them as "dark" but rather as her own, makes that theory untrue...

if you don't have the international version of FFX then you won't get the extra ending. but if you do and you can't get it, then i am not sure. it could be that you have to complete everything in order to get it or come close to getting everything, like defeating all of the extra bosses.

Interesting... I remember reading about this added ending in the International release a little while back, but completely forgot about it and until now I've yet to actually see it. Thanks for the links Aztec...

Kinda pisses me off, sucks for us unless we import the game.

yeah i heard of it
-Aztec Triogal already posted the links to the video

No, he's talking about the missing video between the two. I don't know if it was in the international version or not but I've seen it. It's alright... I'll post the clip here in a second...

Yea, it's called Another Story.

Part 1
Part 2

They're both in Japanese with English subs... but I'm sure you can find an English dub if you look around

WHAT seriously? i only read it on the net the story that follow never saw the videos, thanks alot

I think if you defeat all of the Dark Aeons then you get the alternative ending. The Dark Aeons aren't available in the US version of the game, which is why the alternative ending isn't available in it either

omfg..

really?! i didnt bother killing back sin when i had killed all the dark eaons even penance so many times...Sh!t too bad my saved data was taken away from me grrrrrrrr by another ff fantatic...

Not sure whether it's an alternate ending or not, but as Addleboy said at the top of the page, I've already posted a link on the previous page to the discussed video. Fine... lemme check to see if it's an unlockable. Gwad... gotta do everything...

"
[SIZE=-2]The Japanese international version included an extra DVD with a clip called "Final Fantasy X: Another Story. This clip ends Final Fantasy X and starts off Final Fantasy X-2's story." -That's all I could find
[/SIZE]

I don't know about being an extra in the original FFX, but that is the beginning from FFX-2. I think.

The only alt ending I ever saw for FFX was the part with Tidus surfacing and looking at Luca while Yuna was giving her speech.

To tell the truth, I think that they should have brought Tidus back in FFX-2, like towards the very end. Would have wrapped the story up really nice. It all seemed a little uncool, this guy literally helps destroy his home and himself just to save the girl he loves. If self-sacrafice isn't enough to get you a little positive karma, what is?

Japanese keeps all the good stuff for them, can't blame them anyways since they've made this game. u_u

Ohh wow. I didn't know about this ending. I didn't even hear that there was an extra ending at all. I suppose that you have to defeat all of the bosses like pennance... I don't even know if I have the international version... Loved that though. Especially Yuna and Rikku teasing Wakka about his Tubby stomach XD

Back