Are you a leader or a follower?

Niether i dont follow and i dont wanna lead. im more of a lone wolf. But if i had to pick one it would be leader since i cant stand taking orders.

Another fantastic thread. And well done to you all for being so honest! When I saw it I thought, Oh here we go, everyone will post leader. Even old Grim can be occasionally, and delightfully surprised.

Like Elergy, I supervise a team of up to 20 people. It's very, very hard. You like some, you dislike others but have to remain neutral. Occasionally you have to discipline somebody, and that could be the person you were happily having a few drinks with in the pub the night before. Not easy.

Also, you find that regardless of how much you regard yourself as 'one of the guys', you never will be. They will constantly bitch about you. Which is fine because before I was a supervisor I did the same about my bosses.

Think hard about what you want from your career, I was happier before I was promoted, but I feel a sense of accomplishment to be in my position. It's a real toughy!

I'm in the middle. I don't like to follow what everyone else is doing. But I also don't have the patience to deal with people to lead them and what not. I rather just do my own thing. And if someone copies then that's that.

im neither one

i never did fallow my friends or other people in the way they acted or dressed or said

and i never really bossed anyone around or stuff like that, you know?

i just did, and still do, what i want and dont really care or worry about what others think of me cuz im cool like that :cool:

Leader and Loner, a little of both really.

In most situations I’m pretty much a loner doing my own thing. However, at work I’m usually the one in charge of a project giving instructions and directions to those under me.

i am a leader but always listens to everyones ideas

i also can not follow

i heard a saying some where before but have no clue where it goes "do not walk in front of me because i will not follow,do not walk behind me because i will not lead,walk beside me and be my friend" or something like that

Good thread.

Hmm, it depends, i'm generally lazy, so i prefer to follow, although i am sometimes (rarely), known to lead, usually when it concerns something very imortant to me.

I guess I'm more of a follower because I usually don't like to step into a leadership position. If I'm forced into being a leader, though, I can usually handle it well enough. I'd probably make a decent leader...I'd just rather be a follower most of the time.

most of the time, im a follower. i prefer being told what to do, rather than having to tell others. however, if theres someone who is totally incompetent(sp?) in charge, then i would rather be in controll of the situation.

Definately a follower. I'm just not cut for a leader, people tend to ignore my opinions. At work though, if I had to say what to do, I'll say it and usually it will be done, but I prefer to work alone or with someone who is in charge. Easier that way.

I would have to be a follower, I have never made a good leader because I have a very shy personality. I am very quiet around people I don't know, I don't have the right charisma skills to be a leader. I'm not very confident either half the time so I don't think I would make a very good leader at all. :P

At school whenever we had to do activities where one of us had to be the leader, I would always let the other person do it because I doubt I would be any good at it. I don't always like to make decisions on my own!

It depends actually. I prefer to be a follower but I can be a leader if need be. I mean I won't jump on the opportunity, but it doesn't really bother me.

Im a follower, i guess thats because i can be anti social at times

Hah, always seem to end up being the leader. I hate doing things other peoples' ways and the only other option is to take charge of the situation... which I do. :P And for some reason, I get the feeling that people look to me for leadership.

Nutters. =P

Back