Asian Bands/Artists?

Eidolon

Guru
Gil
Recently I was around a friends and we were listening to a Chinese band and another one, from Taiwan. I really really liked them, and was wondering does anyone know of any good asian bands/artists around?

Doesn't really have to be any style I like pretty much everything.

Asian Kung Fu Generation are coolio, as are Orange Range. Singer wise Id try and look out for Utada Hikaru (Kingdom Hearts) and Ayumi Hamasaki. Both are such beautiful talented women.

CD wise, youre best trying Ebay or YouTube for their videos.

Yea, I really got into J-music last year. Here's some bands that I like.

Jpop:
Utada Hikaru
Bonnie Pink
Perfume
Kaela Kimura

Jrock/alternative:
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Supercar
The Pillows

Jrap/urban:
M-Flo
Halcali
Bennie K

If you want, I can share some with you if you have trouble finding some. Just PM me

try yui she's pretty cool or Gatk, i know school girl in the world like his music, n thats why people hate it but i dont mind him...

karl

Yea, I really got into J-music last year. Here's some bands that I like.

Jpop:
Utada Hikaru
Bonnie Pink
Perfume
Kaela Kimura

Jrock/alternative:
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Supercar
The Pillows

Jrap/urban:
M-Flo
Halcali
Bennie K

If you want, I can share some with you if you have trouble finding some. Just PM me

Oh just smack me! How could I forget the Pillows! They are amazing in FLCL! Ride on Shooting Star is excellent ^^

I like a lot of chinese pop and r&b artists such as
Coco Lee
Jolin Tsai
Edison Chen
Vanness Wu
Jay Chou
David Tao
Jane Zhang
Alexander Wang
JJ Lin
Hei Se Hui Mei Mei

Boris is a pretty sweet Japanese stoner rock (or maybe they're drone?) band. Fuck on the Beach (another Japanese grindcore band) is just funny. BAAL (Japanese industrial band) is pretty cool. Gackt (or however you spell the name) is alright, not always my thing, but alright to listen to sometimes. Alice Nine...I'm not even sure about at the moment :P

And Sukiko Amano (I think thats her name) is pretty good.

I definitely 2nd The Pillows, Asian Kung-Fu Generation' & Gackt suggestions.

And depending on what you're into, the Chinese group S.H.E. is pretty good if you like pop/rock-ish pop. AAA is also pretty good, they have a lot of catchy beats. Annnnnnnnnnnnd~ Pierrot is a pretty cool jrock band.

Mono are an instrumental Japanese band, and I like them a lot. And on a completely manic side, the Japanese bands Boredoms and OOIOO are worth a look, but they certainly won't appeal to everyone.

I really like Jrock for some reason
The Pillows
Orange Range
I like them the most. I actually listening to them right now.

There are some great asian punk bands out there! A lot of them tend to be really fast and manic and great fun live.

Check out:
Akiakane (Japan)
Coquettish (Japan)
Brain Failure (China)
Brazil UFO (Japan, I think)

How 'bout these?

K-pop though:
1.) Black Beat, love 'In the Sky'
2.) Shinhwa
3.) UN

F4, the Taiwanese band. Like the harmony.

And l'arc en ciel, I think they're music is awesome. Rock.

These are all in YouTube by the way, so you guys can see for yourselves whether they're actually good or not. I'm a bad judge for good music apparently. :rolleyes:

I'm not really into asian music. Mainly only American/British, with a touch of canadian and one irish band. =D

How 'bout these?

K-pop though:
1.) Black Beat, love 'In the Sky'
2.) Shinhwa
3.) UN

F4, the Taiwanese band. Like the harmony.

And l'arc en ciel, I think they're music is awesome. Rock.

These are all in YouTube by the way, so you guys can see for yourselves whether they're actually good or not. I'm a bad judge for good music apparently. :rolleyes:
shinhwa!!!!!
hale!!!!!
smtown!!!!!!
they're cool dude!
i have a crush on lee mi-woo in shinhwa band and kangta in smtown!

Do you really?
Then I'll post some more:

1.) Click-B - Cowboy rocks, haven't heard them in a while.
2.) H.O.T. -they've broken up but they still rock.

Saw these on the Arirang channel and looked them up again on YouTube.

The only asian "band* I thought was any good was that t.A.T.u one, and I only mildly liked that one song "All the things she said". Yes, you can shoot me if you wish.

And Warbourne, you are making it difficult for me to pass you. Stop being difficult Warbourne.

Oi, I told you you probably would unless I help it, remember?
xD

And to keep on topic...
I'll post some more.

1.) Parokya ni Edgar
2.) HALE

And it's Jay, Jerry, Jay... lolz.
What's your percentage??

Back