Asian Bands/Artists?

.18% old bean. =-D

The nonly asian bands I ever heard were chinese...and that realllly turned me off to the idea.

The only asian "band* I thought was any good was that t.A.T.u one, and I only mildly liked that one song "All the things she said". Yes, you can shoot me if you wish.

t.A.T.u is Russian.

AAA
Supercar, (im sure I said this on the 1st page, oh well)
Miki Furukawa
Kreva
Rie Fu
Hitomi

there's a lot

Isn't Russia part of Asia? XD

Well if they don't count, then I don't even think I know any other asian bands. XD

I'm a big fan of Ayumi Hamasaki, who's kinda like the Japanese Madonna, in a way. Her music really speaks to me, and she's sincere in all the songs she writes and does. Plus she's a really cute/funny person.

I'm a big fan of Ayumi Hamasaki, who's kinda like the Japanese Madonna, in a way. Her music really speaks to me, and she's sincere in all the songs she writes and does. Plus she's a really cute/funny person.
agree with you! Ayumi Hamasaki is one of the best japanese singer!, the other one is Yui! the great japanese acoustic singer that i know haha
and the other one is the Ellegarden band! you should listent to their musics guys they rock!

i like
-Gackt
-Malice Mizer (Gackt's old band)
-Moi Dix Mois
-Utada Hikaru
-Asian Kung Fu Generation
-Arashi
-Ritsuko Okazaki
-Do as Infinity

Last edited:
haha back from hell, totally i got a lot cause i'm asian
how bout Yui? ever heared of her?
for a sample of her music type in youtube Goodbye Days-Yui
tis really nice! :)
and ever heared of the group of pop singers SMTown? (usually summertown but smtown for short), they play good musics and for now i'll anounce to you BoA!!! she's rockin cool oh and a bonus for now hear the Japanese rock band Ellegarden! type fire cracker bye ellegarden in youtube hurry to hear the rockin cool music!

Japanese:
Dir en grey (no set genres, they incorporate everything from funk to metal to hardcore to pop)
Gackt (pop)
Malice Mizer (classical, rock, industrial)
MUCC (metal, rock, pop)
Mika Nakashima (jazz, pop, blues)
X-Japan (heavy metal, classical)
Yoshiki (classical)
Aikaryu (speed metal)
Suicide Ali (industrial)
Rentrer en Soi (rock, pop, classical)
Maximum the Hormone (punk, metal)

Korean:
Witches (ska)

Taiwanese:
ChthoniC (death metal)

Wait, wasn't there a jrock thread. Eh, oh well. I'm more of a jrock fan.

I'm a huge fan of Dir en grey, they're Japanese. I've been to 2 of their concerts so far. ;D I've been a fan for about 5 years now! <3

I'm a fan of Mana, errr he was in Malice Mizer and now he has his own band Moi Dix mois. Though, I do still love Malice Mizer. They're awesome live. Q_Q

I also like....Gackt, X-Japan, Despairs Ray, Maximum the Hormone, Psycho le Cemu, and Megumi Hayashibara.

Aye, there is a Jrock/Jpop thread, but it's been inactive for 8 days, and this thread is more inclusive for those who wanna discuss other bands, like The Trax or something.

You lucky bastard, I've only been to one Dir en grey concert *pouts* Moi Dix Mois is good...only...they just sound like a Malice Mizer clone, i'm not sure Mana is capable of producing anything other than that sound. Oh! And silly me, i forgot to mention another Japanese guy i like: Közi, i like him alot ^_^ He makes good industrial/ambient music.

I do NOT like Ayumi Hamasaki. Her face annoys me, her voice annoys me, it's just... *shudders* God, she gets on my nerves. I dont like that whole Japanese girl squeaking songs thing either, i like it when they sing normal (like Mika Nakashima or Kuroneko from Onmyouza).

You lucky bastard, I've only been to one Dir en grey concert *pouts*

Hahah I couldn't go to the first one. Tickets sold in seconds. Q_Q

Moi Dix Mois is good...only...they just sound like a Malice Mizer clone, i'm not sure Mana is capable of producing anything other than that sound.
Well I don't know. Moi Dix mois sounds more like Malice Mizer Klaha era. Well anything Mana does is amazing, according to his fans. I bet if Mana stood on stage for a whole hour just posing fans won't stop screaming.

i forgot to mention another Japanese guy i like: Közi, i like him alot ^_^ He makes good industrial/ambient music.
Oh right, Kozi is in Eve of Destiny. I can't find any of his music. :/

I do NOT like Ayumi Hamasaki. Her face annoys me
Really, I thought my friends and I were the only ones who thought that. Hahah!

Hahah I couldn't go to the first one. Tickets sold in seconds. Q_Q

Well I don't know. Moi Dix mois sounds more like Malice Mizer Klaha era. Well anything Mana does is amazing, according to his fans. I bet if Mana stood on stage for a whole hour just posing fans won't stop screaming.

Oh right, Kozi is in Eve of Destiny. I can't find any of his music. :/

Really, I thought my friends and I were the only ones who thought that. Hahah!

lmao, people would probably faint if mana stood on stage posing for an hour.

Well, Kozi was in Eve of Destiny for like a year or two, then he quit and did a few solo albums....Eve of Destiny is pretty craptastic, but his solo stuff is good.

Apparently you guys arent the only ones annoyed by Hamasaki xD Utada Hikaru is really much better, although her music totally bores me.

Moi dix Mois makes amazing music, mainly because I like Neo-Classical (thats how some people characterized them)

I'm also a fan of Japanese rock ranging from styles of GOING UNDER GROUND to ELLEGARDEN and to ayabie. I think Japanese rock are fantastic and much better than English rock.

Aside from Japanese rock, I also enjoyed Japanese pop and Chinese pop (including rock but its too rare in China)

I have a game called Guitaroo Man. This games screams "Japanese Made" all over it. From the music to the animation and all points in between. There is only one song that has lyrics and its in Japanese. The soundtrack lists that most of the songs were made by a band called Coil. Has anybody ever heard of this band? They sound like they know how to play.

Hong Kong stars:

Kelly Chan
Ekin Cheng
Faye Wong (who seems to have made, like forty albums since Eyes on Me)

Yea, that game was awesome! But I havent found a place where I could get ahold of the music in it.

Another game that screams japanese is Oendan for the DS. That one is japan only, but they made a more americanized one called Elite Beat Agents.

Back