Beating the Salamander

HalfDemonGirl

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Okay, I have lately being pissed off beyond all reasoning because for some strange reason, I cannot beat that one guy that turns into that fire salamander and I can't move on in the game because of it. My characters are lvl 19. Is there a specific lvl my people need to be on or some magic I need or any weapons that would be best for this fight. I would like to continue this game some time soon.

If you got the Arctic Wind item from the castle south of the Tower of Owen, it'll be a BIG help!

One of them combined with your other three people casting Blizzara or using the Antarctic Wind should kill him within 2-3 battle rounds!

I have a suggestion, too, because at Level 19, there's no reason you shouldn't be mopping the floor with this guy.

You should have a party of two fighters and two monks. Both fighters should be completely dressed in Ice armors. The fighter with the highest skill should be weilding the Ice sword and the Serpent sword, and the other wielding dual Serpent swords. The monks can be armored however you want, but don't waste more money than you have to. And definately, at level 19, leave your monks bare handed, as their attack power should be more than when equipped with nunchucks.

With this party, I killed the Salamander at Level 14, with no casualties.

Back