Best formation?

megatron

Gil
Only seven characters, but quite a few formations as a choice? I played with Tidus (he is the main character after all), Auron (because he is always serious, yet somehow still has good sense of humor), and Yuna (mainly because of summons).
I really wanted Kimahri in the starting line but these 3 were must play characters in early stages of the game (at least for me), and later they were much ahead in exp.
I must say arena saved the day. It gives chance to pump up any characer in relatively short time (thanks square for tonbery), and gives another level to ff-x (again at least for me).
A lot of players used this formation (Auron, Yuna, Tidus), so how ˙bout you ff-slaves, has anyone played riku, waka, lulu? What were/are your formations?

Ps I hear some think kimahri is useless i battle, I will just say every character has the same sphere grid table...

Well, I always played with Tidus, Auron, and Lulu, but later in the game I switched for Yuna and stuck with her till the end. Ever since a beat the game I've been using Wakka, Rikku and Lulu to level them up more.

As for me, I played with:

Rikku, Tidus, and Wakka; sometimes Auron too.

This was the best crew for me.

I played as Auron, Tidus and Yuna untill I beat the game, then I switched Yuna for Wakka.

The characters I used the most were Tidus, Yuna and Auron because they were the most useful to me. The other characters weren't very useful to me. Lulu was only good to use against elemental enemies, Wakka I only used when I was desperate lol. Kimahri I didn't use very much at all and Rikku I only used when her limit break was there to use because it was awesome.

My formation is usually:

-Auron: i have him with the greatest stats...
-Tidus: Well i find his Blitz Ace very useful...
-Yuna: Summons obviously...

The other characters... well, i train them hard but i don't use them that much...:O

My favourite formation is:
Rikku - because of her Mix overdirve
Tidus - because of his BlitzAce overdrive
Wakka - because of his Attack Reels overdrive

And of course because they all had the Fire Eater and Evade & Counter upgrades on their armours.

My team(s) were:

Tidus: For Blitz Ace and Hastega
Rikku: For Mix and Al Bhed Potions
Yuna: For Summoning

and

Wakka: Attack Reels FTW!
Auron: High Stats All-Around
Rikku: Same as Above.

I used to use Tidus Auron and Lulu. However in recent games I have been trying using Tidus Auron and Kimahri which is working pretty well.

the best ever for me was no contest

tidus : great overdrives
wakka:best damage overdirve in the game no contest
rikku:best support thanks to overdrive

i found all other charaters to suck once you start fighting the creations (which is the real challenge don you agree)

I never really used Lulu because when on the expert spheregrid its easy to get yuna to learn Fira and what not faster than lulu. So i end up sticking to the good old Auron/Tidus/Yuna .Thats the most well rounded line up in my experiance

Wakka, Lulu and Yuna.

Wakka for power.
Lulu for attack magic.
Yuna for healing and her summons.

The party formation I used was:

Auron: Mostly for strength…
Tidus: Pretty much for strength as well…
Yuna: Summons and healing…

Occasionally I would switch Tidus out with Wakka for long ranged attacks when needed.

Actually the all-girl team: Rikku, Yuna, Lulu.

Actually quite accidently since I'm leveling my all my characters and always using those with the lowest total HP.

But Yuna I always use because of that the aeons stats depend on hers.

(on a side note, I try to make an effort of making the game as difficult as possible, so to try to capture all fiends with the all-girl team helps that a great deal)

((the first time around I captured all fiends with Tidus, Kimahri and Auron (and Wakka on flying) and it was all to easy))

Last edited:
I've switched my character formations in that game so equally that I forget which ones I used the most in battle. D:

So yeah, even if a certain character's HP wasn't at critical, I would still switch him out and let someone else have a crack at it, just 'cause I want them to get the xp. xD

Back