best music in game?

Mine would be beatrix's theme.......

once you heard that you totally knew you would get knock the fuck out by her........ :slap:
It might not be the best theme as in something that you could hear all day,like Terra's them from FFVI........but this is the kinda theme that gies you a feeling........(like your gonna get knocked out lol)

seriously her shock move or whatever it was called was lethal!!!

Oh gods! How can I forget Melodies of Life?!

Okay... so let's start over. My favorite pieces in FFIX are Melodies of Life, Rose of May and Terra.

There we go. :P

I would have to say Melodies of Life, His Dark Messenger, and You're not alone. I thought they were all pretty epic pieces. His Dark Messenger is one of my favorite boss themes ever :)

I love almost all of the pieces in the FF9 OST, but I'd have to say that I love the music in Dali village the best. Next would have to be the music playing when you first reach South Gate with Steiner and Dagger.

You're not Alone is the favourite of mine, because of how emotional it is, especially during the part of the game it plays. The best friendship themed song I've ever heard.
Very close runner-ups would be:
Black Mage village, Loss of me, Steiner's theme (a rather cool but comical theme, suiting the character perfectly), Protecting my Devotion (so emotionally epic), Dark Messenger and Final Battle (are both great battle themes), Battle theme, Terra, Jesters of the Moon, and many others.

The best music has to be

A place to call home
Beatrix Theme
You're not alone
Black Mage Village Theme :)

I have quite a few actually:

"Stirring the Forest"--towards the beginning when you're (obviously XD) in the forest

"Song of Memory"--a soft version of "Melodies of Life" being hummed by Dagger

"A Face Forgotten"--one of Freya's themes. It plays in Gizamaluke's Grotto and there are two different versions, I love both of them equally

"Doga and Une"--the music-box remake of the stunning theme from FFIII, which is probably one of my favorite FF songs ever even though I've never played the game :lew: I actually found it through looking up this one.

"Kuja's Theme"--deliciously evil piano piece and full of interesting chord changes. The original and also the "Millenium Version" which plays in the desert palace. The rhythm in the latter is interesting because it doesn't seem to be keeping time with the melody, but if you listen closely, in a strange way it is :hmmm:

"Garnet's Theme"--plays only once, during an important scene with her in Alexandria Castle partway through the game. Very, very nice, the bell-sounding instrument is also a throwback to one of the overworld melodies I believe :hmmm:

"Loss of Me"-- :x3: Noble and humble at the same time. One of my very favorite pieces.

"Footsteps of Desire"--when Kuja is being devious in his cutscenes :D A more impish rendition of his main theme with different instruments.

"Bran Bal, The Village Without Souls"--Bran Bal's theme. It has an eerie other world feel to it which sets the mood nicely.

"You're Not Alone!"--also one of my very favorites <3 When the heavy part comes in around 1:07 I feel like screaming "YEAH!!" Very awesome theme of determination.

"The Evil Mist's Rebirth"--Overworld theme late in the game after a certain transformation happens. The dramatic part at 0:55 that follows the quiet intro is majestic and magnificent.

And finally, "Place of Memory"--the theme of Memoria. This song is fantastic and really sets up the mood of the place. If you were to mute the television while playing it, I doubt the empty, introspective feeling of the place would carry over in even remotely the same way.

FFIX has one of my favourite OST's of a game to date, personal favourites of mine would include Rose Of may/Loss of me, Pandemonium, Dark messenger, You're not Alone! and so on.

The thing I love about IX's soundtrack is that it fits the theme so well. I'd say there's not a piece of music that sounds out of place, it's rather seamless really.
There are a few that sound rather odd at points, but they fit the rather odd nature of some parts of the game.

IX has the best soundtrack of any game ever, i cannot even begin to comprehend how perfect it is!

You're not alone is my favourite overall, it's so simple but it's just so.... umm... JAGSILF NJKAKL;hza nduixlg!!!!!!!!!!11

I don't even know.. I love it so much.

Lots of love also for Dark Messenger, Terra, Over the hill, The Village of Dali, Place of Memory, Loss of me, and probably about 50 more :)

I can't believe you guys didn't mention Vamo' Alla Flamenco...
That entire part of the game is made of win.

Other extra-awesome tracks on an otherwise awesome OST:

Jesters of the Moon - Zorn and Thorn's theme. I hate those stupid little guys.

Battle Theme - Win.

Zidane's Theme - Nice and bright.

A Face Forgotten - Freya's theme, if I'm not mistaken. Has a little woodwind melody played over the Burmecian Kingdom theme.

Kuja's Theme - Haunting.
Dark Messenger - Epic.
Immoral Melody - Combines the Queen-style intro of DM with the piano melody of Kuja's theme.

Theme of Tantalus - Snazzy.
We Are Thieves - Snazzy variation.

Eternal Harvest - Really lovely song.

Extraction - The song that plays when Zorn and Thorn do their business...rofl.

Iifa Tree - Chilling, but not in the way that other themes are. I like the slight electronic tone in the melody, plus the occasional drumbeat.

Amarant's Theme - Badass, just like the character it is played for.

A Transient Past - Plays during the bit where the characters learn about Terra in Oeilvert. A pretty creepy version of the game's main theme.

Mt Gulug - A really fun song to listen to.

Hilda Garde 3 - There are a lot of great airship themes in FF, but this is easily one of my favourites.

You're Not Alone - Currently my favourite song of all time.

Crystal World - Great remix of the crystal theme.

Final Battle (otherwise known as Grand Cross) - I actually remember not liking this song for the longest time, until I bothered listening to it properly and got past the intro of howls and screams. I think my reaction was something like, "This is some funky shit!"

Also forgot to add Vivi's theme, i had already played IV, VI, VII and VIII when i first played this game so i was already knew how these games are, and Vivi's theme was the one to make me think to myself 'This game is going to be amazing'... and i was right :)

I like the OST that plays when the party has to fight Beatrix in FFIX. I don't know the name of it, though ...

I like the OST that plays when the party has to fight Beatrix in FFIX. I don't know the name of it, though ...

I can't believe I missed Beatrix's themes out! Someone shoot me!

Her battle theme is "The Wavering Sword" (in some translations anyway).
Her regular theme is "Rose of May/Loss of Me".
And the theme that plays when she and Steiner protect Alexandria from the Mistodons is "Something to Protect/Protecting My Devotion".

I can't believe I missed Beatrix's themes out! Someone shoot me!

Her battle theme is "The Wavering Sword" (in some translations anyway).
Her regular theme is "Rose of May/Loss of Me".
And the theme that plays when she and Steiner protect Alexandria from the Mistodons is "Something to Protect/Protecting My Devotion".

Thanks for the info! :mrgreen:

The theme that I prefer from them all is "The Wavering Sword".

Because the track names are originally in Japanese, I think people translate them differently, hence the varying names.

Back