Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
We all know Aerith's death was a shocker during our first playthrough, we all know it was sad and quite tragic. But who's reaction to Aerith's death did you all like the most?

Who's reaction(in your opinion)was most sad to watch; Cloud's, Yuffie's, Barret's, Tifa's, Vincent's, Cait Sith's, Red XIII's, or Cid's?
Beside your own reaction, that is. ;)

Please remember to give reason for who you pick.

I haven't actually really seen too many.. but I'm quite fond of Tifa and Yuffie... kneels down and brushes her hair aside... Yuffie who collapses into Cloud, crying...

But. No ones reaction is better than glitched Vincent, who hops on one foot, spins, kicks Aerith in the head, kicks Cloud in balls.. and hops away.. :wacky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, everyone remembers Vincent's reaction. :wacky: But I thought it was only in the PC version? :hmmm:

Cloud's reaction is the best. To see Cloud, a man who was unbound by any principles or emotions, completely break down and show his raw emotion as clearly and verbally as he did is just... too heartbreaking.

I mean, when do we ever see Cloud show THAT much heartbreak or sadness? We never saw Cloud speak that sweetly of anyone before Aerith. :{ I mean, heck, he was so torn apart that he didn't care if anyone saw him hold Aerith tight in his arms, tears building on his eyes as he spoke about his pain, their future, or the details about Aerith that he'd miss. He was in so much pain that he even went as far as to tell Sephiroth that he didn't give a crap about his stupid plan to destroy the world and the people, all because Aerith was gone.

His reaction, in my opinion, is what makes that scene so memorable.

What other death in video game history involves a usually stone-cold enigma like Cloud making a poetic speech about a woman and their future, his sadness over her death, or not giving a crap if the world is destroyed now that she's gone.

His reaction, is by far, the best reaction to her death, if not in any death scene ever written.

Even if you see Cloud and Aerith as "just friends" his reaction takes the cake easily. :ryan:

But, I do love Yuffie's reaction. The poor sweetie-pie :{ It's so sad to see her just wrap her arms around Cloud and see Cloud hug her back as they both mourn her death. It really developes a brother-sister bond between Cloud and Yuffie.

Yuffie's reaction but it looks like she either laughing or having mental breakdown before she hugs cloud, I like Red XIII's reaction where he just nods his head and then Howls before walking off, simple but effective

Clouds reaction was a little Over the top " what is this pain! my hands are tingling, my mouth is dry, my eyes are burning! " it's great when sephiroth is going on about the promised land and Cloud tells him to shut up :lew:

I like Barretts reaction, consoles Cloud after the loss of Aeris/Aerith and solemnly works away like he as see it all before........and Tifa, as Channi says brushes her hair aside to look upon Aeris one last time, and then runs of in Tifa style weeping.

Thats not a dig its a sad event to remember.

I was like "What the hell just happened!!" I think I cried as well, up to that point th game had been a brilliant experience, but Aeris death was bloody shocking!

That vid didnt load on my screen:rage:

Mine, where's my materia gone princess?! I voted Tifa, but I vote Tifa every time. In all seriousness it was probably Seph's. He just didn't give a damn did he? Absolute bad ass.

Tifa's reaction warmed me the most. I always snicker at people who wanna claim Aerith and Tifa weren't on good terms, but in the short time they knew each other, they grew incredibly close.

You don't kneel down next to the dead body of someone you don't like. You don't tenderly stroke their hair and face (and you know she's being gentle even in blocky lego graphics) of someone you don't like. You don't run off in tears from the dead body of someone you don't like.

Post-death scene just further tells me how much Tifa cared for Aerith to boot.

Didn't Tifa run away laughing madly or something ? That's what it looked like to me. :ness: It looked like Tifa was like, YES CLOUD IS FINALLY MINE ! :spaz:Anyway I have to vote for Vincent's reaction, for the giggles.

Sephiroth_and_Aeris.jpg

This is what People want to see!
Well not really I just thought it would help the in establishing the feel of the thread.
ie; Stabbing.

Note there is no blood in the actual FMV on FFVII.

I think I went through once and watched everyones sequences after this battle
I liked yuffies, but I cant remember cids

I'm going with Yuffie's. Ever since I've saw her reaction, I've had to have her in my party, it does hit me, and it really establishes her as the youngest of the group.

I think Tifa's comes a close second, too.

cloud reaction saddest

i would have to say clouds' reaction was the SADDEST. i mean come on he knew he could have done something but didn't AND he had to bury aerith himself. i mean he had to bury his friend himself at her own funeral. but i voted for sephiroths' reaction just because i'm a sephiroth fan and i intend to support him and my beliefs.
p.s. thanks for the info about vincent chanizzard. i'm going to start a new game just to see that, because that sounds hilarious!

I should have known Sephiroth would be winning this. :rage: Everyone loves watching an ebil-doer, laugh at the death of an innocent woman. :sad3:

Didn't Tifa run away laughing madly or something ? That's what it looked like to me. :ness: It looked like Tifa was like, YES CLOUD IS FINALLY MINE ! :spaz:

:ffs: I'm debating whether or not to respond to that... How retarded.

Tifa's reaction warmed me the most. I always snicker at people who wanna claim Aerith and Tifa weren't on good terms, but in the short time they knew each other, they grew incredibly close.

You don't kneel down next to the dead body of someone you don't like. You don't tenderly stroke their hair and face (and you know she's being gentle even in blocky lego graphics) of someone you don't like. You don't run off in tears from the dead body of someone you don't like.

Post-death scene just further tells me how much Tifa cared for Aerith to boot.

Same here. Loved Tifa's reaction. Was heartbreaking to see her react that way. :gonk: I felt horrible when she took off like that... Poor girl. =/

No matter what anyone says, and how much of a rival Aerith was, they were friends, and that's what mattered to me.

So I fully agree with what Fusionist said.

Sephiroth. He kills her just to piss it off on cloud`s face how weak he is, and then just laughs at how ignorant cloud was to his destiny as a sephiroth clone, haha man that guy is a giant ass.

Tifa`s was cool because it showed how she cared for aerith.

Yuffies for the same reasons as tifa`s.

And vincent`s cause he stabs cloud on the balls and aerith`s eye socket.

1) So, what happened to keeping spoilers out of thread titles?

2) I'm evil.

Final_Fantasy_VII_iPod_Advert_by_Reethax.jpg

:wacky:

But in all seriousness, probably Tifa's, for a lot of reasons that was pretty much summed up by mah peeps, Fusionist and Colours. And Colours: don't reply to it; just redirect them to the LTD thread about 2 threads away from here~

Dance In The Dark said:
I should have known Sephiroth would be winning this. :rage: Everyone loves watching an ebil-doer, laugh at the death of an innocent woman. :sad3:

Nah, you got us all pegged wrong. It's done just in spite! :dave: Non-conformists unite! :P Well, seriously though -- this kind of topic has been on here quite a few times, so who can resist the opportunity to chillax about a topic that is too often taken as dire and serious? I once made a poll on another forum about the best last-day-of-school trick to pull, the options being chocolate covered crickets, hand zapper and a few others, with "Rocket-propelled chainsaw" being the last option, and wouldn't you know it, that one got about 24 votes. ._.

Last edited:
ebil-doer
:lew::lew::lew::lew::lew:

Of course Seph is gonna win this poll, as many people like Seph for killing Aeris as much as there are people who liked Aeris alive just as there are people who just like Sephiroth as much as there are people who like Aeris.

You put up a pole and complain when the vote dont go the way you want:shame:

Tifa for me.. I felt yuffies was overdone, and everybody elses wasn't done enough... She got me the most sad.. :(

I personally prefer Tifa's, with Yuffie's a close second. I feel Cloud's description of his physical feelings was a bit artificial. You don't really say how your eyes are stinging or your hands are tingling.

Tifa's was tender, and very well done. She was gentle without being too dramatic or callous, and then when she ran away, you could just tell how hard it hit her. It was beautifully done.

Vincent's reaction was hilarious. But I did think that Tifa's reaction was pretty weakening to whoever watched. I placed my vote on Vincent though, because I really wasn't expecting what he did to happen. And Sephiroth's reaction. . .well, I wasn't surprised. I used to play that death scene over and over when I was a kid .

Back