Best Video Game Openings

I liked Uncharted's opening scene, it's not really all that much but to me, it gives off a sense of mysteriousness straight from the off, especially the quote from Sire Francis Drake. :-)

I liked the opening of Tomb Raider: Underworld with the whole Croft Manor burning down (at least I think it was the opening) I just can't find a video D8

I'd have to agree with the opening of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I absolutely loved that game from the very begining, and that introduction sequence really did throw you right into the game and story. Everything was laid out in that first sequence, and the characters came through well as well. In fact, we knew our characters right from that sequence, how they act, what their style is. It was brilliantly done.

Other than that, recently I've been playing CoD 4. Now every CoD game I've played has had an impressive opening, but holy sheep did I not expect one like that! Running through a ship as it tilts and sinks was amazing. I've seen games attempt stuff like that before, but this game pulled it off so that it actually felt like it was sinking, and everything was falling apart etc. Good stuff.

I am going to have to say that Tales of Vesperia has one of the best openings ever. The whole tales series and all the final fantasys got some good openings. Also Bleach games.

I liked the openning for The World Ends With You. It is almost like an anime openning, and it's quite addicting to watch xDD

Sometimes I redo Day 1 just to see it xD

I was gonna say the FFX intro as well but I liked the Soul Calibur II intro the most simply the way they show them characters and the music that was playing at the same time was awesome.

Back