Best way of getting this game?

Demon

Don't ruin my cuin
Veteran
Gil
I'm looking for a (clean, legitimate) way of getting this game. The problem is that buying this game can be a bit expensive, used copies go for around $40 and up.

Now I've heard that this game is $10 on the Playstation network for download. I assume you need to have your PS3 for this, and the problem is that I have some problems when it comes to internet on my console.

So do I just have to buy the PS1 discs at the $40 going rate?

You could always download the PS3/PSP version on your PSP if you've got one, they're transferrable to either. (I downloaded from PS3 then shifted to PSP)
Apart from that I don't know what to suggest, as i've heard/seen of people selling this for absurd prices, perhaps you could check how much the PC version is if you don't mind trying it? It may be pretty cheap. (I have never, ever, EVER seen a real life copy though. So it'll probably be more expensive actually. XD)

You can download FFVII, VIII, IX and Tactics from PSN now as far as I know. Although he said he had a problem connecting to it, so trying it via PSP may be an alternative or the PC game. If not then you'll have to pay for an original copy, which would be a great shame considering how cheap the PSN virtual copy is.

Alternatively if you have a PS3, I believe FFVII is available on the download netwrok. I might be mistaken though, I do not own a PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to define what kind of problem you would have downloading it.
To put it in a nutshell, if the game is downloadable by computer, I can download it. Then comes the question of whether you can transfer it to the PS3 from the computer and play it on the PS3. If you can, then I don't have a problem.

But connecting to the internet via the PS3 system, or a PSP system (which I don't own), is a no-go.

How so? If you're using wireless you can easily set it up, and wired requires even less work. It wouldn't take too long to make a PSN account. I was just wondering why it's a no-go?
It wouldn't take too long to download and all if you have a decent speed, and once it's downloaded you only need to do it once.

Also, if you ever lose it (for whatever reason) you can download it about 5 times again for free afterwards.

I heard that you can connect the PS3 to your PC if you have Windows Media Player 11, not quite sure whether the internet works though. Try googling 'PS3 connecting to PC' or something.

And what's the reason behind your PS3 not connecting to the internet?

EDIT: try this:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/...a-Servers-DLNA-Questions-Answers/m-p/29252217

mind you I haven't read it fully so I'm not 100% sure if this is what you want.

How so? If you're using wireless you can easily set it up, and wired requires even less work. It wouldn't take too long to make a PSN account. I was just wondering why it's a no-go?
Basically I don't have that kind of router equipment. My computer has to kind of be the central access point, but I don't have the equipment for it to project it wirelessly to another electronic. So consoles are pretty much blocked from having internet on their own for one or two reasons.

I'm kind of hoping for a solution which involves using a USB device or something like that for transferring from a computer to console. It seems like less pain than trying to get internet running on the PS3.

Last edited:
Amazon has some copies for around $30 in a good condition. I mean I don't know how much you'd pay for a game, but if I really wanted it and had enough money, I would pay this amount.
However if there is a cheaper option, like with the PS3 network thingy then probably it's a better option, but that's if the internet problem you have can realistically be fixed.

I would go with Amazon if PSN isn't an option. I've bought many used copies of games from Amazon and had no trouble with them. Just look for Used-Like New games and a high seller rating. Plus, Amazon is a lot easier to deal with than ebay when it comes to problems with sellers.

Basically I don't have that kind of router equipment. My computer has to kind of be the central access point, but I don't have the equipment for it to project it wirelessly to another electronic. So consoles are pretty much blocked from having internet on their own for one or two reasons.

I'm kind of hoping for a solution which involves using a USB device or something like that for transferring from a computer to console. It seems like less pain than trying to get internet running on the PS3.

If your computer is getting internet shouldn't you be able to run a phone cord to your ps3 regardless and have internet even without your computer projecting the wireless and just receiving it? I know you can do that with xbox 360 and laptops that are just picking up wireless.

40$? That's a bargin! I had to pay 65 dollars for my used copy WITHOUT a manual from amazon and that was the lowest price at the time. Unfortunately I must have bought it during an increase in popularity for the game, probably due to the released of one of the related FF7 games.

I really wanted it and I don't regret buying it. It helped complete my ownership of FF I-XII (minus spin offs, mind you).

I'm so down to get the PSN downloadable version once I manage to get my hands on a PS3.

Compare between Amazon and Ebay. I go Ebay because i can usually find something there that costs alot less than the same item on Amazon.

Back