Better left alone?

The game should have been left alone from the start. All the sequels ruined the ambigious ending that VII hand. (The ZOMG! Did everyone live or die!)

The prequels are just unnecessary. Now they are whoring out Zack and it's very annoying to see everyone go "Cloud stole all of Zack's moves!" When I would say that it's the other way around. Zack wasn't originally supposed to be in FFVII.

The game should have been left alone from the start. All the sequels ruined the ambigious ending that VII hand. (The ZOMG! Did everyone live or die!)

The prequels are just unnecessary. Now they are whoring out Zack and it's very annoying to see everyone go "Cloud stole all of Zack's moves!" When I would say that it's the other way around. Zack wasn't originally supposed to be in FFVII.

forgive me if i'm wrong, but from what i remember of FFVII, Zack was barely mentioned... not enough to have a whole game about him, same with Vincent. If there was a sequel/prequel about anyone from the game, i'd have put my money on Sephiroth, since he was the main enemy and you knew him from the beginning.

The fact that Zack was barely mentioned is part of the reason they made Crisis Core. There was so much confusion surrounding Cloud's relationship with Zack, and Aerith's relationship with him, and overall just where he fit into the game at all. So, hence the reason we have CC. Sephiroth plays a major role in it though, and it shows his past as well, so in a way he did get his own prequel. As for Vincent, once again the point of the sequel with him was to explain Sephiroth's orgins, Vincent's relationship with Lucrecia and Hojo, ect.

Some people may think it's overkill, but they made them basically just to explain parts of the story that were confusing, and to go more in depth into parts of the story that were vague. And of course, to get the tons of $ having the title FF7 on it brings..

As for the compilation, I don't mind it. FF7 is my favorite game, and I like seeing what happens to the characters in future installments. I'm the type that likes to have all the questions answered, and the compilation has done that.

Back