Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Movie

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters

Leki

<3 L LAWLIET IS MINE. <3
Veteran
Gil
There are several books/manga that have become movies, or vice versa, like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Inuyasha, etc. Which do you usually prefer and why?

I usually end up liking the books better than the movies, because they have so much more detail packed into them. Sure, the movies can show you plainly what happened, but I'd rather leave it to my imagination and the writer's details to come up with a picture.

An example is the Harry Potter books/movies. They cut out alot from the movies, but the books have it all.

Last edited:
Depends really on what book/movie adaptation you look at, I feel that the LOTR movies were much better and had cut out a lot of the unnecessary elements that the books had. On the other hand the Dune movie was a pile of crap when compared to the fantastic novel it was based on, the Harry Potter films are better than the books but still suffer problems with some of the acting.

But when it comes to original material though then I would take a good book over a movie most days although that again depends on what it was, both have there pluses and minuses.

Sometimes i prefer the book rather than the film and sometimes I prefer the movie instead of the book. Depends on what it is tbh.

Yep, book. It's more in-depth and has a tendency to change people's emotions. With movies, what you see is what you get. Well, usually. =)

The books. You can get more detailed, and you can have mopre stuff in it. You dont have to put a time limit on it, and you dont have to worry about cutting scenes out that much.

i find that book are way more interesting...but there is always exceptions either way

I prefer Movies, much faster than reading the book(s) and gives you the important parts of the story well, most of the time.

im completely ignorant when it comes to books i will not read one at all especially if i could watch a film.

im completely ignorant when it comes to books i will not read one at all especially if i could watch a film.

Your writing reflects that.

Anyways, I rather have books. It leads more to the imagination and I am always fascinated by writing. So, in turn, books > movies.

For those movie lovers, I have one thing to say: usuk.

i love any managa that was turned into a movie and any move turned into a managa, i love anime too much to dislike any thing like that, and i only dont like anime with badly drew

Books are the superior by a long shot. Most movies pale in comparison to their book brethren. A movie can very rarely even come close to picking up the details that a book can bring to life, let alone the sheer quantity of information that a book can provide because of it's lack of limitations.

Books also do not have to rely on actors to properly portray emotions, subtlety, and the likes. A book is not limited to an actor, or more often than not, a group of actor's abilities. If a book is well written, it is a good book. However, if a script is well written, it could still suck on screen.

Finally, your imagination oft dictates how you read and perceive a book, while a movie does all the imagining for you.

All around books are by far greater than movies, with very few exceptions. Typically a movie only wins when it was made before the book, and that is a rare occasion.

Your writing reflects that.

Anyways, I rather have books. It leads more to the imagination and I am always fascinated by writing. So, in turn, books > movies.

For those movie lovers, I have one thing to say: usuk.

hahahahaha no doubt it does u knob;) im joking, i know its true. But ive never understood why someone would want to read a book when they could see a film, but that just my opinion

Last edited:
Well I really like both. I mean I don't really read much so i'd probably say movie. But it's very hard to find a very good book i'm interested in. Only ones i tend to be interested in are the Dark Tower Series, Harry Potter, and Slapboxing with Jesus. But Movies aren't exactly inferior to books. some movies have VERY deep meanings and story developments that books can't even cover like Lily Chou-Chou, Amelie, Aviator movie like that.

Back