Boost GF's Magic

i didn't use it on my first playthrough, because i didn't notice it at that time. but on my second time then i saw it. but still it didn't do that much a difference for me in the game. because it wasn't really that hard on my first run.

i only used it when i was bored lol tried to get 250 on ifrit and shiva and some other GFs but the easiest were Eden because u get like 250 before the end of the animation xD.

I found out accidentily on the internet, and glad I did. Mostly when I see a summon I'm like woah pretty cutscene and not like, hey let's see what happens if I press select, ooh look at that I can boost now xD They could have explained in the abilities list, but I was happy I found it the second time I played it. It certainly raised the attack damage by half (if you got a high score that is >.<)

Yes the boost function is very helpful during the earlier parts of the game but when it comes to the point in time when you can freely customize your GF's it should be one of the 1st abilities to be deleted to make room for your better types of abilities

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i know n i not really used it.....
coz i dont like to summon GF when i play.....
i used it when summon doomtrain only for battle with the boss.... :)

haha oh yeah boost, i found it on my first playthrough

remember mashing buttons in some really boring battle to get used to teh controls then i saw this flashy button :O mashed it, ZOMG multiplied attack power!

also remember the massive frustration of trying to max up diamond dust then accidentally hitting it during the cross and getting nullified T_T

As many times as I've played FF8,I've never noticed this. *facepalm*
I'm currently re-playing it now and I'm gonna have to try it.

My thumb never recovered lolz XD Yeah I was bout 2 hours into the game on my first run through when I discovered it. But yeah, it was so much fun and I love using it.

Back