Carry Armor/ Left Arm/ Right Arm

UltimaFantasy2007

White Mage
Gil
Since the Demon Wall has been given a thread I feel that another boss was a standout challenge. The Carry Armor is the boss within the Underwater Reactor and is set on you by the Turks. I found this boss to be more of a challenge than most other bosses in the game. Definately a standout one. What is everyones thoughts on this...?

This is one of the three that gave me difficulties on my first run through. Probably because I hadn't levelled up very much, so I was pretty weak. It's pretty easy now though, because I know what's coming.

Its one of the hardest bosses that I encountered in the game. I remember it picked up Cloud, and I was really aiming on the arm that held Cloud so that it'll let go of him once he's knocked out and give Cloud a phoenix down so he can fight again. XD

Ugh, this one obliterated me the first time. Picked up two party members, beating them senseless, until my only available character was thwarted. I didn't think to use Magic Breath or Trine at the time, but such a combination returns the obliteration I suffered.

I relied too heavily on physical attacks my first time round. :(

I relied too heavily on physical attacks my first time round. :(
I don't even equip magic materia anymore xD Excluding Cure-related magic.

Oh aye, this bugger definitely caused a few problems for me my first time, too [: I don't know what it was -maybe my lack of level- but I just didn't stand a chance against him on my first run. I have no problems now, however. Then again, I was about ... 7, when I first played this.

Yeah, getting rid of the arms makes it a lot easier. I didn't have much of a problem the first time. Mechanical-robot monster = Weak against lighting most of the time. I usually scan bosses always when I fight them for the first time. I use Bolt 3 - All materia. It helps using Big Guard or protection on your characters as well.

Removing the arms is key to victory in this battle, especially if you are of a low level. However it's not on a comparable level to the Deamon wall, in my opinion at least. Did anyone else think the Materia Keeper was a standout boss?

Removing the arms is key to victory in this battle, especially if you are of a low level. However it's not on a comparable level to the Deamon wall, in my opinion at least. Did anyone else think the Materia Keeper was a standout boss?

I think he was hard the very first time, however, I didn't find him to be too hard. His Trine was a b****, though. I have heard that the Lost Number can be quite difficult. I've never ever experienced it transforming, and I'm think why? My bro didn't either until when he started again and it tranformed and beat him. I'm just about to enter the Nibleheim Mansion so I'll see if it transforms this time.;)

When I fought him, I just concentrated on this body and not his arms and realized that it was a foolish thing to do. Materia Keeper? I can't remember what it is.. Is he the one who can be defeated by giving a x-potion?????

Iv started playin the game again and im actually just about to fight carry armour.Think il level up before i go up against him.Those who found him easy what level were you on at the time rougly?

Ok so I thought about a guide for Carry Armor.

Recommended Team:
Cloud (Limit level 2/3)
Barret (Limit level 3/4)
Anyone else

If barret is level 3, give him lightning-elemental for his attack and use ungarmax. If he's 4, level 3 give it to cloud. If clouds at 2 Climhazzard, if he's at 3 use Finishing Touch...my reason for these are that you need the maximum amount damage to all parts, aiming for the arm initially.
Entering the game have barrets limit break ready and clouds if possible. Give your 3rd character healing materia, E.Skill with Mighty Guard. Then give Barret D.blow and have him your secondary healer (in case carry armor takes one). Barret should link mpabsorb with dblow, so when you're not attacking you're using bolt 2/3, and when you're not doing that you're curing because the primary healer is flying about.
Cloud should just attack, and give him some summons because barret's doing deathblow and your healer is busy with magic (use mighty guard/regen initially), offensive magic, like lightning, fire, ice, comet...
Aim for the arms initially, and derive all your attention to the arm when 1 of your characters have been grabbed, as then you are limited to just one attack while the other one heals from the arm swinging.
Sooner or later you'll have him down. He's got a lot of hp, so get in a few deathblows, and a limit or two and repeat.

Materia Keeper is seriously easy.

Team:
Cloud, Aeris (Limit Level 2), Any

Start off with aeris's limit break. Give her cover materia, fury (hyper), and put her in front with cure materia. Give Cloud or Any Elemental-Poison materia, or if you found the one here as well as getting one in the shinra building put them on both, or use the other on the armor to defend from trine. Don't use Lightning. But really, as soon as aeris does seal evil, he's dead, and if you have a smoke bomb or slow, use that too. because he's too slow to fight...I've seen someone defeat him with aeris level 7.

Last edited:
He wasn't too hard for me. I had trine and bolt 3 so I kept hitting him with that. I took out his arms pretty quickly so he couldn't get my characters. He only managed to pick up one before I killed his other arm. Also, if you have Vincent in your party, his death gigas limit is useful.

i found the arm thing in the underwater reactor really hard when i first got this game but ater the first few times throught he started to become really easy coz i knew he was comming and i knew how to beat him

Ohhhhh man. The carry armor slaughtered me my first play through. XD
He's easy now though, I'm usually in the late 40's/early 50's by the time I get there now.

This guy was a real problem, kileld me a few times my first play through. All other playthroughs i've slaughtered him lol..

Materia Keeper gave me problems my first play through too, and my second i think? Not sure..

What a bitch this one was. Caused me endless problems! Once you figure out a strategy and destroy the arms it's fine; apart from the bald patches left from pulling your hair out.

Back