Multiple Platforms Castlevania

Rydia

Throwing rocks at emo kids
Veteran
Gil
Who likes these games?

I just started playing the first one on my NES emulator and it has brought back a ton of memories. But I'm doing terrible at it! lol! I had trouble with the first boss you fight, you know that bat? And it took me forever to remember how to throw items. I hope it's just that I'm not used to the computer controls yet. ^_^

Last edited:
All I have to say is once you get the chance, play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night from PS1. You have not lived, and you cannot be considered a true gamer until you have played this masterpiece.

I played Castlevania eons ago on like the SNES. I completley and utterly wore the BRAKES off that game. Later on I got/played Castlevania on PS2... good but way too short. Never played it on the p.c. though lemme know how it is K?;)

I just started playing the first on on the NES (following a recomendation from Rydia) and it's a pretty good game. However i am also stuck on the first boss, and now i have developed a dislike of bats.

I just started playing the first on on the NES (following a recomendation from Rydia) and it's a pretty good game. However i am also stuck on the first boss, and now i have developed a dislike of bats.

Hold your up botton and then hit your attack button. Then you'll throw items. I beat him by throwing axes at him and it made him much easier.

There's a box at the top of your screen and it will show you which item you'll throw.

Hell yeah, Castlevania is probably my third favourite Video game series. SotN being my favourite of course. I can't wait til KONAMI releases Dracula: X for the PSP; Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night = teh uber pwnage.

Ah Castlevania, the awesomeness.:) I just got Portrait Of Ruin the other day for the D.S. and it's rocking at the moment. The NES ones are pretty good but I don't like them as much as, my personal favourite, Super Castlevania IV ( for the SNES ), Bloodlines / Generations ( for the Genesis / Megadrive ) or Rondo Of Blood ( PC Engine, your only going to get this one on emulator ).
Symphony Of The Night is also a good game but I prefer the old platforming ones mentioned previous and also the two PS2 games, which I think are unfairly criticised at times. Just my two cents.

Hold your up botton and then hit your attack button. Then you'll throw items. I beat him by throwing axes at him and it made him much easier.

There's a box at the top of your screen and it will show you which item you'll throw.

I still couldn't do it. I suck:P

I remember playing Castlevania since the good ol' NES days. I would have to say that this one of the best series Konami has ever produced. I especially liked playing the 2nd game and the GBA and DS games. I'm also an advid fan of symphony of the night and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. Right now, I'm currently playing Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness on the PS2 and they're great games.

All I have to say is once you get the chance, play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night from PS1. You have not lived, and you cannot be considered a true gamer until you have played this masterpiece.

As you might already know, SotN is now available on Xbox Live Arcade as well.

Ive just playd dawn of sorrow, i have it on my DS, and anoter one on for GBA wich i dont remember whats called. I really like tose games atelast. ^___^

I got DoS a few weeks ago... completed it... on to the second and third storys (Can't be stuffed unlocking the fouth (have to kill 1000 old axe armors ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh))

^^you must mean PoR, not DoS.

and Fluff_CaNdY, the GBA game you were thinking of was Aria of Sorrow

Played the SNES game and own Aria of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance and Dawn of Sorrow. Really good games to play and I enjoy similar games like these in the Metroid series so it appeals to me.

You're welcome. The other castlevania games for GBA are Circle of the Moon, and Harmony of Dissonance

Aria of Sorrow is well worth the time as well. Castlevania is easily one of my favorite series of videogames. I'd recommend playing all of 'em. Playing Symphony of the Night for the PS1 is an absolute must. There aren't many 2D side-scrollers that surpass it.

I played the original game on NES, and then promptly ignored the series until years later when I played symphony of the night. (universally great game.)

Recently, I bought Portrait of Ruin as one of my first DS games, and it's pretty good so far. The multiplayer is kind of eh, but I don't know anyone else that owns it either. I played one of the 3d games at one point too...but it isn't even worth remembering.

Last edited:
Could've been one of the N64 games, which aren't exactly known for their greatness. I only played the first of the two for a brief while, and while I can'ty exactly judge a game on the lenght I played it, I wouldn't have payed more than £10 at the time when it was new. My friend also had the unfortunate occurance of actually falling asleep whilst playing the second one, Legacy Of Darkness, which doesn't fill me with confidence....

Back