Chocobo Forest

Warbsywoo

Hellodia.
Veteran
Gil
Was it just me or did any of you find the chocobo side quest in VIII boring.
I mean, why did they have to make a whole new adventure ......which I myself wanted to play......for chocobos and transport it onto some other 'console'(??)

Plus, the fact that you had to catch one this way didn't appeal to me either.
I'd rather do battle with something, and catch it honorably than with a whistle.:dry:

What do you guys think?

well lets see whistle and have a big bird apear or fight a big bird?.....

FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i only did it because i had nothing better to do at the time.

Plus you had to pay to catch one.
And they didn't even give you stables to keep your charges. :(
I liked the taking care type of approach with VII, but VIII just wasn't spot on like I said.

i had never heard of a pocketstation before the chocobo catching side quest but i would prefer to battle them it would be more fun that way

I found this Chocobo system really boring and the punk kid makes you eventually pay for them to appear cause the whistle never works. Like I mean if there was a logical reason for me to fill his pockets with my Gil :mad:( like I dunno a stable mabye) I would give it to him. I think I did the first two Choco forests and stopped there it a huge waste of valuable leveling time if you ask me.

FFVIII didn't have any worthwhile sidequests...this being one of the many letdowns. Chocobo sidequests are a personal favorite of mine, and this game just blew that idea out of the water.
Even if I had a pocketstation, it would still be lame.

And what the heck is a pocketstation anyway? When I found out that you needed a pocketstation in order to play the chocobo sidequests, I was ticked off. A totally big letdown.

Hmm, the other sidequests were merely okay. Just okay. Nothing special, but since I love FFVIII, I was still satisfied with the game overall, sidequests or not.

I still have no idea what the hell a pocketstation is. :P
I agree, it totally ruined the chocobo motif in the Final Fantasies. I mean, I suppose Square was tinkering around with ideas at the time maybe, but in such a great game like VIII? Probably wasn't such a good idea.

What the heck happened when you played the chocobo quest on the pocketstation anyways?

Sidequests are just great when you love the game so much that you never want to finish. That's what sidequests are for. The only decent sidequest in FFVIII was triple triad cause you get some decent refinery items out of it...

But I was severely let down that I couldn't do anything special with the chocobos.

supposedly with the pocket station, you could level up "Boco" the baby chocobo by fighting baddies and what not.
Basically...no point.

Leveling him up? o_O

That just sounds bogus to me. I'd rather stick with the original quest, thanky very much.

I don't believe you could breed them either, correct?
That just adds to the negatives then.

Even if you leveled him up, all you could do is ride him on the world map, so there's no point. lol.

I only did the quest to get the card at the end.

I know if you play the pocket Playstation mini game you get a Mog's amulet. You can summon Minimog. Also you can summon Moomba with an item called Friendship. Thats the only thing your missing out in FFVIII. Nothing special.

I thought you could get the friendship somewhere else...like in the Laguna sidequest to Shumi village?

Friendship is only obtained in Pocket Playstation. Your referring to the item Phoenix Pinion.

It was extremely boring! I mean you look at FFVII and IX's Chocobo sidequests and you just think what the hell where they thinking. How could they follow the pure greatness of VII's deep and enjoyable Chocobo experience with the poor, thoughtless experience of VIII's.

yeah i hated the side quest i couldnt belive they have made a boring side quest most of them are quite good but tht one is rubbish

I hated that sidequest. It was boring and I never caught one anyway! lol. I tried my best and never got one. bah. Lame...

I didn't like it either. I thought it was annoying, found them usefull for getting around though ^^

Back