Closer Look at the Hori Dragon Quest Controller [6/29]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Hori has started promoting the Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Controller it's planning to release opposite Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory.

As previously detailed, this special controller aims to replicate the feel of the Battle Road arcade unit on your Wii. The controller, which attaches as an extension to your Wiimote, has a sword handle sticking out, similar to the arcade unit's panel. The sword and buttons are all arcade sized. You can push down and twist the sword, just like in the arcade version.

2dkxxky.jpg
sno0mx.jpg

This is an officially licensed Nintendo peripheral. It operates like a Classic Controller, with all the buttons and even an analogue stick on a panel in front of the sword and arcade buttons.

Pricing for the device is set at ¥12,800. As a bonus for buyers, Hori is including codes for three avatar items. These can be scanned in using the sold-seperately DQMBV Color Code Scanner on your DSi.

33yp2bo.jpg

The Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Controller arrives opposite Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory on July 15.

Source: Andriasang

More pointless faddy shit

I wouldn't even call that news, do people actually care THAT much?

It's just getting ridiculous the amount of crap posted, at least jut stick to stuff that's interesting. OH WOW A NEW CONTROLLER :hmph:

OH WOW A NEW CONTROLLER :hmph:

Don't forget an ugly one at that. This is the kind of stuff you see sitting on stores shelves 6 months later reduced to 90% off and no one still has any interest in buying. Maybe some obsessed fan of the series who thinks he or she is nabbing a gold mine. Only in reality they are purchasing the crap the store could not sell.

Yeah, this is pretty pointless because we probably won't even see the game be released outside of Japan - let alone this.....cheap looking peripheral.

However, news is still news. :andry:

I reckon this news is for those that are interested, who import, who might wanna add this collector's item to his/her collection...personally I cant judge bout it etc.

It's more like a toy sword rather than a controller. Way too big in size, who would want to play with a huge sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back