cloud vs. barret

Fantasy_Addict

Blue Mage
Gil
on disk one right at the start of the game when you blow up the first reactor and get back to the bar tifa says to cloud; "did you fight barret then"
i wonder why them two where guna fight in the first place, and do you think square should of put the fight into the game?

I do :)

I think the exact line was "did you and Barret fight then"

because i assume she wants to know if Cloud and Barret got along during their mission or argued - which would be like a "fight"

Well, if they were to fight, it would depend if Cloud can dodge all Barret's bullets since she can shoot many at the same time.

I think the exact line was "did you and Barret fight then"

because i assume she wants to know if Cloud and Barret got along during their mission or argued - which would be like a "fight"

oh right, sorry, thanks for the correction :)
well if they were to fight who do you think would win?
im going with cloud.

FFVII has some of the worst translations I've ever seen in a game.
E.g. "This man are sick."

That's why some of the things which are said are hard to comprehend.

It's sort of like sibling fights though between those 2. I know Barret was looking out for Cloud and they cared about each other in the same way you would with a brother or sister. They weren't hostile about it, they just did it because their views and ideas clashed sometimes.

No physical fights.

I never understood this actually...
It always seemed more to me like Cloud was stepping in front of Barret and stealing his thunder, and that's why they clashed heads. =x

Rydia and Moonchild...keep it on-topic and contributing the the original post. Less spam please.

Back