Cost of Final Fantasy 13

gta 4 is not worth buying at least right now.

i have heard there are many things wrong with online play..
and its not like the story line is that fun.
if you like running around killing people then you would like that game...

anyways ffXIII is so worth getting!! it looks so great =D

I will say, GTA4 has a good storyline. The game is overrated, yes. But I enjoy the storyline. There are WAY too many car chases though.

Yeah, there are problems with online play, but the patched it up. Should be fine now.

There is a patch for GTAIV by the way, and I wouldn't say it's overrated either, albeit the storyline for Uncharted was miles better. Anyway that's not the point.
---------

I'm not sure what they are showing in the link but they just look like plans and predictions (forgot what the technical business term is) but it will probably cost a lot more that what Square Enix have said, after the compilation has come to an end.

Personally for me, now this might be off the topic of price. But I hope either way if they spend little or if they spend alot, I really hope that this won't turn out to be an overhyped piece of crap(i.e. FFX). I hope this will bring some needed light back to this series as many dont like the games after FFIX.

100 million dollars for a game ? lol thats ridiculous...beside ps3 as some ppl said isnt selling allot, it would be better if the made for ps2 or psp << and for pc maybe, because now you need to buy ps3 to play the game <<, and ps3 costs allot plus Nintendo wii is a much better console...But i look forward to FFXIII and FFXIII Versus they really look great

people would be surprised at the amount games and movies and other tiypes of media cost to make and produce...... its acually kinda insane, but they make all that money plus a shit load more so it works

^ hm probably but what if the game wont be popular enough to cover the cost of the game itself ?

Well i really hope that XIII will come out, the realising date is somewhere in decemeber 2008 ( cant remember the day xD ), i cant wait to see the graphic ^^...

As for the XIII Versus...idk why ppl dont like it so much, its awsome, if anyone saw the trailers they were like *-*, graphic is awsome, characters and the storyline is atleast promising...i hope that it will be a good graphic and maybe a movie behind it ( for the ppl who dont know theres a rumour that Versus could have a movie too ^^ )

Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII Versus will be played on PS3, there hasnt been announced if there will be realised for any other console, maybe they will realise it later in 2009, but i wouldnt bet on it since they have allot of job to do for Versus

And for the rest if you want to know Final Fantasy XIII Agito will be realised for the cellphones, still isnt published on which ones...as for the Final Fantasy XIII Haeresis no info yet, only the trademark is out, there hasnt been a confirmation of the Square Enix that this game is true though ^^

Personally for me, now this might be off the topic of price. But I hope either way if they spend little or if they spend alot, I really hope that this won't turn out to be an overhyped piece of crap(i.e. FFX). I hope this will bring some needed light back to this series as many dont like the games after FFIX.

That is a completely biased opinion as are the majority of replies in this thread. Square didn't anticipate the hype that followed Final Fantasy X, but because it was their debut into the next generation the media and fellow fans alike collided and created more buzz than Square had ever anticipated. Square did create hype, but that's what these companies do to help sell the game, but not near the hype that followed.

I personally thought that Final Fantasy X was an excellent title, and I felt a certain sense of nostalgia whilst playing it. Something I hadn't felt since the days when Final Fantasy V and VI reigned supreme.

As for the possibility of the game going multi-platform is unlikely, but I'm not saying that it won't happen. If some of you would pay attention every Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII trailer ends with "for Playstation 3" which furthers the claim of exclusivity to the Playstation 3. Also Square stated that at the moment bringing a Final Fantasy to the 360 is a "blank page". So all dicussions, debates, or predictions about Final Fantasy XIII or Versus XIII going multi-platform are henceforth null and void.

The price is a different discussion altogether. I'm assuming that the cost of manufacturing each game should average about the same as all Playstation 3 games before Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII and with the possibility of price cuts of the console itself before it's launch I assume it'll average the standard $59.99 price tag.

Maybe they hope that FFXIII will do for the PS# what FFVII did for the PSX?

or perhaps they are counting on merchandise-sales as well, plus that people will buy the other FFXIII games if they like the main-one.

Still, is a lot of money

I don't think I would care about the price but I know this game is going to worth it... I'm pretty sure it's going to be $60 like every other games.

^
It wasn't about the cost to buy. It was the cost to make.

Personally I don't think that amount is far-fetched. Movies can cost more then that, and with only two hours of taping something LIVE. A game has to all be created, and has hundreds of hours in it. If anything, I'd expect it to cost more to make.

they make stupids amounts of muney of games i heard that ff x2 sold one million copies in one week in usa dont know how much games are there im guessing it around 50 dollars so 50 million in one week in one country thats alot of spending muney

Back