Dark Aeons

Hardest Dark Aeon

• Total voters
yeah i have... but i still think the dark aeons were tough... yeah penance was tough but not as tough
What makes you think that? o_O Penance would wipe the floor with all the Dark Aeons.

Is it the rigid pattern that you have to follow? The same can be down with the DAs =/

I found Dark Bahamut more difficult than Penance, mainly because his Impulse inflicts Full Break upon your entire party. He always uses it before casting Mega Flare, so if you mess your strategy up once, the entire battle is lost.

Well I never directly fought them myself but my friend in Italy did. According to her Dark Anima and bahamut were hard for her but she beat them pretty bad after 3 tries. Oh yeah and she said the big boss Penance is a true horrifying battle. Well to her those 2 were the hardest. I can not fight the dark aeons cause I did not get the International version.

For me the hardest Dark Aeon has to be Dark Magus Sisters. Althought Dark Shiva, Dark Bahamut, Dark Yojimbo and Dark Anime are tought too, but Dark Magus Sisters is still the hardest Dark Aeon of them all.

Last edited:
I've only actually managed to beat one of the dark aeons and that was Besaid's (sorry total mental block on the name). And that took my about 10 attempts. I find that they are too quick more than anything- my team don't appear to be quick enough

Magus sisters. :eek:uttahere:

Mod Edit: Could you add more detail in? Say why the Magus Sisters were the hardest for you. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
dark magus sisters..!
hardest for me..

[Please we can we elaborate on this please and say why you think they are the hardest as one-liners aren't accepted. Thank you.]

for me it had to be bahamut, it took me forever to try and beat him, even though i had already beaten the magus sisters. in the end i had to rely on yojimbo to use zanmato as i was getting really frustrated

Dark Yojimbo was a big meanie.( There are worse words, but I wont say them here.) His damn dog got in my way a whole lot, then like outta nowhere, he'd do that attack that reduced your HP to like 1. He was a bastard. I never did beat him and I may never. Whoever did it must share their method of victory.

well, it has been a while since i have fought all of the Dark Aeon's, but for my most recent playthrough, the answer is easy.

Dark Valefore is the Hardest Dark Aeon i have fought so far, and that is because it is the only Aeon i have fought so far, even attempted for that matter, so once i get back into the swing of things i shall come back here and post my new answer, but until then the hardest Dark Aeon i have fought is Valefore

Magus Sisters for me, bitches annoyed the hell out've me. Read somewhere that if you run around you can split them up and then fight one at a time, tried it and it's never worked. Hmph.

I found Anima quite easy compared to a couple others strangely enough.

firstly thats a myth, you can't fight them one on one, not possible

magus sisters by far

firstly because their the only dark aeon that starts with full overdrive
secondly, you have to make sure you either kill one of the magus sisters before their overdrive is full, or you make their overdrive unsyncronized, becuase if you summon an aeon, anima for instance, to take the attack, it'll die before they even use delta attack, because two of them can attack first
thirdly, there are three of them, not one, and they have more then 2mil hp each
fourthly, because they are able to help each other, and deal with you accordily, and even if you do unsynch them, they still do megagraviation on you, which is a total pain

-Kamui

Wait- did someone mention that you have to fight Yojimbo more than once? How many times? And where?

I'm still stuck on most of them- I've done Valefor but I can't get fast enough to manage to even vaguely damage them- for me Shiva's the worst at the moment, I can't even get one hit on her before *smash* *smash* *smash*- three hits, one on each character for 99 999 each.

The dark magus sisters can either be easy or extremely hard to beat, for 3 days I tried fighting them with all 3 present (big mistake) they will pummel you before you even get a chance to call up an aeon to survive there delta attack, however one at a time there pretty easy to deal with, mindy probably being the most difficult because of her having a quicker CTB gauge than sandy and cindy and her constant abuse of passaddo to one shot, mindy is one of the few boss fights ive done in the game where i brought tidus rikku and kimahri into the fray and didnt bother using auron.

Speed is definatley a must against the magus sisters (or you could just zanmoto your way through it with yojimbo :P)

I wanted to vote for Dark Ixion and Dark Yojimbo...but i only voted for Dark Ixion:S

Dark Ixion was more annoying then anything running around looking for that idiot monk...i was so annoyed.

I never killed Dark Yojimbo, i tried and tried but never did it...i remember using my own Yojimbo do kill him once and then i get attacked again and i lose, i was so furious i never tried again to this day.

Got to be Dark Valafor for me. I know he's the easiest to defeat (well maybe, exluding ifrit)

The only reason I found him so annoying was because on my first playthrough (and somehow on my 3rd, but not my 2nd) I managed to miss Valafors extra overdrive, so I headed back to besaid to get it and I spent freaking months attempting to defeat that thing. I didn't even have a single celestial weapon that had been half activated yet. So you can probs guess that I wasn't really pre-paired.

"DAMN YOU VALAFOR!!!"

dark yojimbo was a pain for me valefor and ifrit were easy i remember it took me ages to beat yojimbo i quit after like 25 wipes and played through X-2 again and again it took me ages to beat yojimbo there to i ended up over leveling and got yuna to 66 rikku to 66 and paine to 69 owned him and then went back and did the magus sisters and anima and it was unbelivably easy the over leveling realy took the fun out of vegnagun to when i went back to ffX i just got yuna spamming aeon overdrives and finaly killed him :)

i have not meat any yet but i have to say the dark anima cos of how hard he was in the game when he was not dark

Got to be Dark Valafor for me. I know he's the easiest to defeat (well maybe, exluding ifrit)

The only reason I found him so annoying was because on my first playthrough (and somehow on my 3rd, but not my 2nd) I managed to miss Valafors extra overdrive, so I headed back to besaid to get it and I spent freaking months attempting to defeat that thing. I didn't even have a single celestial weapon that had been half activated yet. So you can probs guess that I wasn't really pre-paired.

"DAMN YOU VALAFOR!!!"

It's really hard to defeat the hard enemies of the game without break damage limit :lulu:

Voted for Dark Bahamut cuz he was a real pain. Valefor, Ifrit and Ixion were all fairly simple. Then it got hard from Shiva onward, apart from Yojimbo who was a peice of cake.

Oh and i hope that people beat these guys properly and did not use Zanmato!

The dark magus sisters can either be easy or extremely hard to beat, for 3 days I tried fighting them with all 3 present (big mistake) they will pummel you before you even get a chance to call up an aeon to survive there delta attack, however one at a time there pretty easy to deal with, mindy probably being the most difficult because of her having a quicker CTB gauge than sandy and cindy and her constant abuse of passaddo to one shot, mindy is one of the few boss fights ive done in the game where i brought tidus rikku and kimahri into the fray and didnt bother using auron.

Speed is definatley a must against the magus sisters (or you could just zanmoto your way through it with yojimbo :P)
Wait- I thought it ws just a rumour that you could fight them one at a time...?

Back