Anime Death Note

raito404

ShinRa Guard
Gil
My current favorite anime is death note!!!
Here's a little about the story:

Light Yagami is a brilliant, but bored, high school student who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground in the year 2003. The Death Note's instructions claim that, if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the Death Note's authenticity, believing it is just a prank. However, after experimenting with it and killing two criminals, Light is forced to admit the Death Note is real. After meeting with the true owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the new world" by passing his judgment on criminals.

(from wikipedia)

So anyone?

I watched all nine episodes today x_x

I'm egerly awaiting the next episode which should be up on youtube any day now.

I ordered the first four volumes of the manga today too. I have to say...I'm hooked, it has an amazing plot to it and its just so...clever! The childish rivalry between L and Light is awesome =D

But I have to say that my favourite character is: Ryuk! He's just so goddamned cool! His attitude and the fact that he is neither friend nor foe to Light is great =D

I love this series so much. <3 I first started reading the manga a year and a half ago and I'm still obsessed, so that's how I know it's not just a "oh, I'm watching this anime now and it's my favorite ever!" It just... really is my favorite. x3 Though the animation has been really poor in the latest episodes. D:

Has anyone seen either of the live action movies yet? I skimmed through the first one awhile back because it didn't have subtitles yet and they seem to have changed quite a bit, and not neccessarily for the better. And L doesn't act... L-ish enough. I'll have to actually watch it through though to see for sure. ^^''

I love this series, bought volume 7 today from my local book store. It is love. I watched the anime before actually reading any manga volumes or pages but I had heard of it and seen scans prior to that. And today when I was reading volume 7 it actually took me a while because it was so good... and I won't spoil anyone just incase they haven't gotten that far yet, but my, Light is fuxxing brilliant. I just want to have his babies right now. He turns me on.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/LoveBasket3/b_playboy.jpg

Oh Light, I'd mix my milk with your coco puffs. <3

And did anybody else think that Mello was a girl at first? I swear for the longest time that I did until a few days ago. I don't really like the way he looks... he's... irritating to look at. And those expressions. Ugh.

I think this is the best. I read everyone out so far. Haven't watched any episodes, they aren't out here and my computer revolts when it comes to downloading. :(

I heard their were movies too. I'd like to see all of it.

I love this series ever since I saw the 2nd movie in the cinema{I finished the 1st one on youtube last week} and I'm just watching anime every week now though I already know most of story so far because of the two movies

I've seen the first five episodes and I've read the first three violumes of the manga. From what I've seen so far, Deathnote will most likely end up with an cheap american remake of the movie that will ruin it, and then a horrible dub of the anime. But I can't complain, I some time prefer those crappy dubs. If it doesn't get to the US it'll be because the idea of death note is a bit to much for the rest of the world, they don't really want people to think the way light does.

I love this anime! So brilliant! L is freakin' funny! XD He cracks me up.

Yay for Deathnote!

I'm addicted to the series. I absolutely love L!!!!! I can't wait for all the epiosodes to come out.

I'm liking death note (so far) because it completely detracts from what most other animes have; fights, romance, friendship etc is hardly, or not at all, seen in death note, but at the same time it keeps it's suspense and tension by using twists and intellectual battles.

It truly is an amazing manga/anime series.

^Yea that's the exact reason I love it sooo much. I love intelligent characters, like Shikamaru.

The strategy and tactics in this Anime are so insane, every new turn I'm blown away. It really is a breath away from the norm of anime.

Yea I've been watching this anime alot lately and I'm working on finishing the rest of the episodes I've been able to download. Light is one of the smartest people I've seen on an anime. He's a genius in all senses and this show has made me wish I had a Death Note.

This is one of my favorite animes even though im only on episode 6 its still good. I like the way it a battle between light and L even though i kno the ending from someone spoilin it to me

Very...good...But, really. This isn't a very good anime for people that hate killing. Because there is a lot of killing and such in this anime.
Oh, and thanks for the reminder. I need to finish the series.

Ive never watched the anime, but I have the live action first film and some of the manga. My boyfriend adores it and he isnt really an anime fan. Its a great story with great characters.

I've watched the Japanese version of the anime, although I haven't finished it yet. Awesome anime, one of my favorites. I'm also currently keeping in tune with the English dubbed that's airing in Cartoon Network.

Started seeing it a good few months back, and I'm on the 22nd episode now.

Its by far the most suspense filled anime I've seen, and instantly gripped me from the first episode (which was one of the best). Also, Light is so cool, too bad he's a bit of a madman though.

Back