Dependant On Your GF's?

am i the only one that saw this thread and thought .. GF = Girlfriend? mabye im just dumb any way i like to use mine a lot there moves are sweet and y not.. they kick ass haha. plus u couldnt junction any thing wit out em

GF

GF's were great in the beginning of the game, especially in the training room Shiva worked wonders there. Cerberus was cool as he saved turns to cast double and triple. Alot of the times though GF's are used pretty scarcely. The junctioning system i guess has to make up for that though.

I very rarely would use a GF, I leveled up the party enough to not need it at all, really, so I'm not dependent on GFs, but sometimes I'll summon one just to see the scene. ^_^

but sometimes I'll summon one just to see the scene. ^_^

Bravo! =] I do that quite a lot too. They had some killer moves, although the scenes were kinda long, especially Eden. But the fact that you can boost their attack up by repetitively pressing the square button actually makes it worthwhile.

I really wouldn't call that dependent, but I still used them just because or for no reason at all.

Totally, and for the same reason as Mistuki and ssbmaster. I really enjoyed the scenes, and that my turns were spaced out longer. I like sitting there and just watching. lol.

i love my gf she buys me everything!!!

... what you mean gf means guardian fighter not girl freind ...

oh ok well i use gfs lols not dependant but i loved the eden gf it rocked

(for the record i buy my gf stuff not the other way around i was just kidding)

i only figured out what Boost ACTUALLY did last night,

up until then had no idea. I was curious and seached for it....its actually quite handy :D

-_-! Wow. lol.

Boost did come in handy alot. Except when it came to Shiva, Ifrit, and Quez, it seemed like I was pushing extra fast just to get the numbers high.

Also...sometimes I caught myself pushing the button when it was red. =(!!!

I'm sad to admit that I was pretty dependant on the GF's just cos they kick ass. Its not like I use them all the time though.....

Like some of you, I thought this thread was about girlfriend problems. haha <3
But anyway, at the beginning I depended on them WAY too much, but that all changed when I took some time to stop & level my characters up.

I pretty much hated VIII, since I found out I could just use the GFs all the time and win battles easily >_> Which is what I did. I was so dependent on the GFs that I couldn't quite fight battles without them >_>

I pretty much hated VIII, since I found out I could just use the GFs all the time and win battles easily >_> Which is what I did. I was so dependent on the GFs that I couldn't quite fight battles without them >_>

Yes, you probably could use your GF's in just about all your battles. lol.

Unless silenced or of the like. But, towards the end if you junctioned right then your characters could handle themselves quite easily. =D

I saw the title of this thread, and at first, immediately thought of girlfriends, but then saw which section it was in, and realized FFVIII has Guardian Forces.

I actually don't even remember using them that much, though I only got about halfway through the game.. I guess that might explain why I was always dying, haha.

tl;dr

Honestly, I never summon my GFs after the mechanical crab battle in Dollet. Admittedly, I do remember summoning something during the battle with Ultima Weapon but I think that was to defend me more than anything - the only use I have for GFs is the defense it gives you during the summoning. I prefer to plough through the game by giving Squall Ifrit, learning Strength + 20%, 40% and Strength Bonus and giving them all to Squall. Finally, after the battle in the Training Center with the Granaldo, you receive 16 Wizard Stones - refine them into either Fir/Blizz/Thund-aga and junction as many as you can to Squall's strength. For me, Squalls strength is always above 100 before setting off for Timber.

In my most recent play through, I've only just realised that the monsters actually level up with you. As such, I've over-levelled and managed to junction magic like Tornado to my strengh before going to Galbadia Garden, as well as Break, Reflect, Life, Curaga and Dispel to everything else. Currently, I'm in Esthar and each of my characters are doing oer 2000 damage (with Triple junctioned to strength, making it 130 or so - Squall hasa strength of 220 and hits for over 6000), have over 5000 HP (with Flare junctioned), have over 140 Vitality, Magic and Spirit with Meltdown, Quake and Reflect junctioned, respectively. I received a maximum on 250 damage from Abadon, in the Great Salt Lake.

It's clearly my best play through.

YEAHHHH WE ALL LOVE GF'S !
i think there are most essential if you want to beat big monster with big hp or big skills, and then they give you abillity in order to make u stronger and stronger ! yeahhhh GF are ESSENTIAL, too much powerful *o*

Later on in the game i had most of the stats maxed out and really didn't need to rely on gf's anymore. But i still like to use eden though.

regardless of if you use them in battle, you need them to boost up your stats, so really everyone over-relies on them

I don't typically use my GF's attacks, but I do rely heavily on their abilities to help me exploit the junctioning system to unfairly tilt the game in my favor early on... like, by getting nearly 3000 HP for everyone before leaving Timber (an 3000 HP for two of the three before arriving in Timber), and rushing to get stats as high as possible while keeping my level significantly low (which will also make the game a relative cake walk). But yeah... GF's attacks are too time consuming, imo... you can do the same ammount of damage as an averagely boosted GF (thats not Eden) by using double or triple and then utilizing medium and/or high attack magics (depending on what your magic stat is at).

I'm on disc 4, leveling up, right now, and I have all the GFs, obviously... I've only used Quesecotl 3 times and Ifrit 1 time... yeah, summons aren't needed in this game... especially now, where my regular attacks with Squall do more damage than a summon can do (other than Eden, of course).

I always depend more on my GF's during the first half of the game, since I generally like to level up alot more near the end of disc 2.

Diablos is wonderful, especially if you're going for the Tonberry King sidequest, and the others all have their strong points as well when you can buffer them.

Back