Did anybody else NOT use the espers in the game?

Good lord. These things were so usless to me.
You can't even see the amount of damage they deal. o_O

I understand wholeheartedly .. seems like the only time espers seem to be worth anything is when you're trying to collect them. Once you have them, they pretty much suck to be blatent. I have 3 ... 2 from storyline and one optional ... dont think imma go after the optionals .. just do the storyline and leave it at that .. other than that, the game is pretty good.

I actually accidentally got one of them. o_O
I was exploring some cave and I ran into a red-dragon like boss and I beat him in a heartbeat...a heartbeat. And my characters were only like level 30. Anways, it turned out to be an Esper.
Come on...

You must've been at that cave within the Ozmo Plains. That thing was freakin easy. Blizziga would kill it in like 3 minutes....literally.

honestly i used belias agaisnt a boss and 10 seconds later i died so i don't like using the espers but the quickning i like

Yea, I used Belias right after I got him to beat Vossler. That's about it. I went and collected all 13 of them... but I never use them. There's just no point. They completely drain your MP and they don't stay around long enough to do any real damage. Half the time they seem more confused then helpful.

The only time I found any of them useful was when I got in over my head in the great crystal and was getting destroyed my some mom bombs or something close to that. I summoned Belias B/c he absorbs fire and just walked my character away and let him take care of it. That is the only time I've found them usefull.

Not yet, I'm a hack-and-slasher first and foremost....If that fails I run for the hills and/or reset and rethink my battle plan. I'm still bitter about the whole gf situation in 8 that I scowl at cutscenes after the first watch. (I played 8 all the way through the first time without being able to stop the gf animations...the computer version wouldn't let you...I may be scarred for life as we're almost a decade later and I still get torqued about it.)

I had never used Espers besides the required one. Basically, your weapon is what kills the best, Espers are just a waste of time because they act as 'shields'.

Back