Did you even bother to take the challenge that is ruby

Yes. Neither of the WEAPONs are particularly difficult so long as you know what you're doing. With KotR is easiest, of course, but beating them without just takes strategy and time. Beat Ruby with a solo-Cloud equipped with the Ultima Weapon, Mystile and Ribbon. Started the battle with 4 Hero Drinks on Cloud, used Enemy-Skills (especially Big Guard and Angel Whisper) for support, Double Cut and Omnislash for most of my damage, Dazers to keep Ruby paralyzed and threw an Elixir when my MP got low. Took a while, but he eventually died. That's the only time I beat him without KotR.

I love screwing around with Emerald though. I've beaten him at Level 60 without materia, but it was a very sloppy battle and strategy and it depended a lot on luck. Beating him with materia is simple, though, even with levels in the 50s. Three characters: attacker, support and backup. Attacker is Cloud, he wears away Emerald with Double Cut and Counter Attack materia, as well as Omnislash. Support and Backup both have Enemy-Skill materia with Big Guard, Angel Whisper and White Wind. Beta is also useful. For the most part they keep the Barriers fresh with Big Guard and heal when appropriate. When Emerald opens his eyes, the support uses W-Magic Ultima. Backup uses Beta and that's usually enough to take them down. Rinse and repeat until he's dead.

Not too difficult at all, but usually fun to mess with anyway. I hate using KotR against them, though. Just makes it a boring fight of watching a ridiculously long summon, and you already know you're going to win. Same thing with Revive/Phoenix=Final Attack.

I made sure before I went into the battle that I had 2 characters dead already, and left Cloud alive with a ful Limit Break to start off the Battle. However, before I used the Limit Break, I had Cloud cast hades summon which was linked with the Elemental materia. This froze Hades and let my Cloud attack for like 4 or 5 hits in a row.

Then when Ruby woke back up, he did some swipes at me with his tentacles or whatever they are, and they missed both times. He hit me maybe once the whole battle before I defeated him.

Unfortunately... no.

I hardly had enough time to play (still hardly have enough time) and I wasn't willing to invest the time needed to take on Ruby... let alone take on Emerald. But I did take on Emerald a couple of times just for the heck of it... ya, I died. I didn't know he had like a million HP :dry:

Well... I didn't :shame:

I have never actually beaten a Weapon (Ultima, Omega), no matter at what FF.
Defeating them requires high level, good weapons and strong attacks (or sometimes some tricks, but I don't like searching for such things on NET as I consider it 'cheating' if I didn't learned the trick myself).

It is not as I am not training, but in order to defeat Weapons, I have to do a lot of training. I am not the type who can do training for a lot of time, especially as I know that I'll probably be able to defeat the last boss without it.

I fought only against the Weapon underwater (don't remember what it called, or maybe it is the Ruby?). I accidentally bumped into it and was smashed in a few seconds :holyshit:. I never again tried to fight it... :wtf:

Last edited:
Yep, but I use Shiva, it Stop Rubby... for 3 ou 4 round dont remember ;)
but i thing emerald much more dificult, I defeat It without the iten for timer....
:P
20 min is very very little time... hehehe but I do it, after it I watch a video when it had defeat in less to 1 min :) hehehe

Ps: sorry for my inglis I am studing yet ;)

I did =] I don't really remember how long it took, but it took what seemed forever to beat him...The first time I approached him, (second time, maybe? Was so long ago) my friend was messing around with an old video camera he had, and tried filming and narrorating (spelling?) it while I fought him. Died in one round... <.> His brother found the tape not long after, and promptly made fun of him. He was so embarrased he recorded over it...so there went my proof of my first encounter with Ruby.

For the record, I thought Emerald was much harder. =/ It took forever for me to realize damage was based on materia. Hm...Seems so obvious now.

I did beat both Ruby and Emerald. But I remember that the first time I encountered both, they kicked my ass. I was such a rookie back then to the whole superboss deal. But I got KotR, Mime, HP Absorb and defeated them both with this tried-and-true setup.

I'm trying to beat both weapons without using easy methods.
I want a challenge, not a 5 or 6 min fight.

I was close to beating emerald, but the damn thing got a cheap shot in.

Back