012: Duodecim Dissidia 012 Spoiler Discussion Thread

The reason they dont remember is because their memories of each cycle get erased hence why cloud doesnt remember Tifa and WoL doesnt remember Lightning

that gets explained in the game though for you playing it you need to be able to read Japanese

if they get killed by a manikan they wont come back for the next cycle. but since cloud got beat by chaos and not a fake he comes back

The reason they dont remember is because their memories of each cycle get erased hence why cloud doesnt remember Tifa and WoL doesnt remember Lightning

that gets explained in the game though for you playing it you need to be able to read Japanese
Then, why did Yuna remember Tidus?

Guys...Cloud, Tidus, Kuja and Jecht and whoever else who appears in the Last Dissidia, does NOT die.

Its the same thing happening to Cloud that converts Tidus from
Bad to Good as well as Jecht from Good to Bad. He does not die, okay? >.<

If he died, he wouldn't be in the next Dissidia. Dying is like what happens to Tifa, Laguna, Vaan, Lightning, Yuna and Kain. That's who dies in Dissidia. Not the characters you see in LD lol

Do you guys realize that Tidus and Cloud are in the Last War, therefore taking away the "perma" dead theory? The "perma" dead thing happens ONLY to Tifa, Laguna, Lightning, Vaan, Yuna, Kain and the new characters, not Cloud, Tidus, Kuja, Jecht, Terra, Wol, Firion, Zidane, OK, Squall or anyone who appears in the last Dissidia. If it was "perma" death and they came back, doesn't that take away from the meaning of "permanent"? Yes, yes it does.... >.<

^We understand that. But something happens to Cloud, as we all see. If he doesn't die, than what happens to him exactly and how do we know that?

^We understand that. But something happens to Cloud, as we all see. If he doesn't die, than what happens to him exactly and how do we know that?
I explained it above...sorta. :P

Think of it as his trip to the good path. Or, think of it as his evil is being flushed out of him by his defeat. If you watched Jecht punch light into Tidus and it looks like he vanishes, that's not him dying, that Tidus "converting" to the other side.

The same thing is happening to Cloud. But I suppose we could just wait for the new game to be released in English and if Nomura/SE is stupid enough to actually "perma" kill a character that appears in the next and last game (lol) then SE/Nomura is too far gone for intelligence....

So... then Cloud lying there is him converting to a good guy... but Chaos is the one to do it? :/

Because Chaos sends some black attack towards Cloud and then he's on the floor converting to the good side... so is Chaos the one that turns Cloud to the goodie side? Like what Jecht did to Tidus?

Ok...

Cloud Tidus,Kuja whatever. DIE! BUT only for this cycle. Yuna ECT DIES permanantly.

I like to refer to when a Character is removed from the story of a Game. As basically Dying.

So... then Cloud lying there is him converting to a good guy... but Chaos is the one to do it? :/

Because Chaos sends some black attack towards Cloud and then he's on the floor converting to the good side... so is Chaos the one that turns Cloud to the goodie side? Like what Jecht did to Tidus?
Cloud was already fighting the side of evil, just like Terra, in a way. He technically managed it himself, but Chaos helped it along.

The attack was just an attack that won the battle for Chaos, but that doesn't mean winning always leads to death. Chaos didn't intentionally turn Cloud, I'm sure, its just something that happened.

Think of it sorta like KH. Cloud had some good in him, that's "really" what helped to "convert" him to the other side. Jecht's story about Tidus is a bit different, he helped Tidus change sides after he was attacked by the Emperor. Tidus afterall, was just being controlled as well.
Brainwashed as the translations and people at the Dissidia forums said...

I could always head over tot he Dissidia forums and check it out. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt that SE/Nomura would be that stupid and forget what was what in LD.

Unless they changed LD's story to match with this one. :hmm:

EDIT:
I like to refer to when a Character is removed from the story of a Game. As basically Dying.
Its a form of dying, I suppose. But its not death. Death is when you well, don't come back. Its more like a convert than a death.... :)

Okay, Terra. I think I got it now. :x It's still a weird storyline, but that's coo'.

Don't they go back to their world though? They don't just die... right?

And yeah, I don't feel like the characters got much love/screen time. They coulda worked a little harder on the story.

Did anyone see Yuna in the final Scene as they take down the manikins? I didn't...

Don't they go back to their world though? They don't just die... right?

And yeah, I don't feel like the characters got much love/screen time. They coulda worked a little harder on the story.

Did anyone see Yuna in the final Scene as they take down the manikins? I didn't...
In a "sense" they die, but yes, you are right. They are sent back to their home worlds with their memory erased.

So.... if you're killed by a manikin... you don't get purified, right?

So why is it that WOL did get purified. I believe I did see him get his butt handed to him by some copies.

Rewatch the ending. He fended off the manikins. He fainted and "died: because Cosmos sacrificed herself. and If cosmos Dies. Her Warriors Die to.

Or WoL could have been killed by cosmos take your pick.

WoL wasn't originally summoned by Cosmos. She actually sacrificed herself to save the warriors. That's why Lightning and everybody got shrouded in golden light and teleported back to their worlds. WoL stays behind to guide the warriors that are still fighting Chaos.

Back