Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No, but I don't want one

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Yes, iPod Video

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Yes, iPod Nano

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
The only iPod that has significant uniqueness is the iPod Shuffle (the new clip one) and that is because of it's size and functionality. I understand why many have them, and that's ok, but I wish people would look at their options before blindly buying an iPod. There is so many as good or better options out there that DO NOT require to use their forsaken POS program iTunes. DRM violates our rights and I will not EVER support any program or company that pushes that BS on the masses. The iPod is not nor ever has been ground breaking, it is only an mp3 player, not it's own form of entertainment. I hear several people daily referring to something being "like an iPod" or an actual 'iPod" when in fact they are referring to other brands of mp3 players. As stated above, the Creative Vision: M is a fantasic alternative to the iPod, it was my 2nd choice, but I ended up buying the Toshiba Gigabeat S, black, 60gig model. Such a wonder device, an mp3 player, that blows the iPods of similar build out of the water. I don't disagree with everyone's purchases, but look around for what fits you! Don't follow the blind masses of iPod owners BECAUSE it's an iPod, buy an iPod if it's what fits your purpose... Ok, off my soapbox now ^^;

I have an ipod mini. I actually use it a lot. I like to use it when I work out, or when I go to class and expecially in the car, I like to plug it in.

Just got mine about a week ago. It's one of the original 20 GB one's brand new. Holds close to 5,000 songs, I got about 550 on right now.

Just got mine about a week ago. It's one of the original 20 GB one's brand new. Holds close to 5,000 songs, I got about 550 on right now.

thats a waste of money whats the point of that much memery you will hardly use half of it or maybe even less

You'd be suprised, TB. I myself have about 5 to 10 gigs of my own media (music, movies, pics) on my external hard drive, which are all going on my Gigabeat S when it comes (60gig). Not to mention I am going to copy and paste all my friends music collections on to it, as well, and give them mine. All in all I imagine I'll have about 40gig of media on it, and still have 20gig to spare, for future use. It's definitely not what everyone is after, but that is why there is the plethora of different mp3/mobile media devices on the market. =)

i guess i dont like music much
thats why i cant even use all my 5gb ipod

No, as far as versatility goes, it's quite limited when compared to something like the PSP (Which I own). In addition, with the release of the iPhone, the iPod can only degrade in value, becoming yesteryears technology.

the ipod becoming yesterdays technology
i dont think i want that to happen

No, as far as versatility goes, it's quite limited when compared to something like the PSP (Which I own). In addition, with the release of the iPhone, the iPod can only degrade in value, becoming yesteryears technology.

The iPhone will fail.

PS: Got my Toshiba Gigabeat S (60gig) over my weekend! Oh. My. GOD this thing is everything I wanted out of an mp3 player, and none of the bad features of the iPod! I so recommend it if you want a mass storage mp3/picture/video device, in 30 and 60 gigs. =)

Up till yesterday I had a 60G Video iPod. I broke it while iceskating.

Now I have a 1G iPod Shuffle (2nd Generation). And guess what...

I am glad. The Shuffle is much smaller and lighter - it looks better and the clip thing is just awesome!

Fuck iPods, can't stand them, poorly made and the battery fails, you need to buy special iPod headphones for them cause they made the plugin port a tiny bit smaller than average headphones, that or you buy an adaptor to make average ones work.

It's shit, I'm perfectly happy with my good old fashioned Memory stick.

Fuck iPods, can't stand them, poorly made and the battery fails, you need to buy special iPod headphones for them cause they made the plugin port a tiny bit smaller than average headphones, that or you buy an adaptor to make average ones work.

It's shit, I'm perfectly happy with my good old fashioned Memory stick.

you are sooo wrong

I got an iPod Video, 80GB for Christmas. Honestly though, if they weren't the size of bricks, I'd prefer a Zen.

Back