Does anyone find this game considerably difficult?

i found this game pretty easy i beat it in 2 1/2 days altho i just got 100% completion recently. i found ff8 pretty hard in fact i still havent beaten it i just got 2 weeks ago and im at the final boss but all my powers r disabled so cant do it.

also i didnt use gambits much in this game and now that ive beaten the story i dont use at all. i usually just plan it all out manually

Cloud Fantasy, im just gonna warn you ahead of time (not trying to psuedo mod or however you spell it, so when you see this kel, dont get on to me again), i would stop double posting if i was you. And to get back on topic.. i greatly loved the gambit system of FFXII, it made me not have to manually do everything, i just equipped things to them like Cura and Esuna, and it was pretty easy from there.

Cloud Fantasy, im just gonna warn you ahead of time (not trying to psuedo mod or however you spell it, so when you see this kel, dont get on to me again), i would stop double posting if i was you. And to get back on topic...
...xD

what he said. Double posting etc

I also found gambits to be really helpful after about 1/4 of the story.

I hate how you hav to obtain the licenses for your equipment weapons and accessaries.

I found this game difficult the first time I played it, because it was a completely new system to me, and I fucked up with licenses at the beginning.

On my second playthrough, when I knew what I was doing, I found the game easy. I stayed at a reasonable level throughout the game, and found it fairly easy.

Some things in the game is really hard. Mostly you have to advance a few levels, but in other cases you must be seriously thinking about your strategy in a boss fight. It´s hard sometimes and that´s what makes it good ^^

Actually,yes.
Some parts in this game are more difficult than others.
I'm not going to say it's the most difficult Final Fantasy,but it does have some parts in it than are rather annoying,to put it lightly.

Like,in the Dreadnought Leviathan, when you have to escape and defeat the imperials.

The key to this game is just to make lots of levels and do all the hunts.
Then, you will have enough experience to actually play the storyline.

I think I may be underleveled and that is why I'm struggling. Also, I don't utilize the gambit system at all. I just leave it as it is when I get the characters. Haha. Too lazy to work through the whole system.

Ah, the boss I got stuck at before I took a break is called "Garuda". It may be because I don't have many long range weapons, and apparently since he is flying I can't hit him with close range. I may start it up again, but to be honest, I just don't like it as much as other Final Fantasies. The reason I play these games is mostly for the plot, but I just don't think the characters are much good.

Actually, I'll say it was easy compared to other FFs.
Considering that it was the second RPG game I played (I was quite noob back then) and I managed to complete it without much problems, I'll say it is really easy.
I only got stuck at one point. Tried like 3 times, but still couldn't beat it.
That was when I learned that doing extra training is a must.
After learning that, the game went quite smoothly and most of it was quite easy. Maybe some battles were long (like Gilgamesh, took me like 30 minutes or even more) but still quite easy.

I was totally stuck around the first part of the game. Like, "WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DOOOOO?" stuck. The whole gambit system was pretty hard to get used to after being so accustomed to the regular turn-based system, but it made more sense as I progressed.

But the first boss was pretty damned hard for just a first boss. :gasp:

I never found it too difficult, 'cept the few times I breezed through a part, or forgot to prepare before-hand. Though I did find beating Yiazmat rather complicating as it will take a good part of your day if you decide to face it.

I did find it difficult to grasp and get in the swing of things during the beginning but throughout gameplay it seemed to get significantly easier, especially when more Gambit options become available. The game literally plays itself through portions which I found a bit too easy. Some bosses and hunts were still quite difficult and took me a few retries.

I found the part on the Leviathan particularly difficult. I spent ages grinding there, and the Judge Ghis boss is pretty hard. But I didn't find any other part as difficult as that, though I had a little trouble in the Draklor Lab.

Found the gambits a little tricky to do at first because they didn't work how I expected, but I just kept making alterations and got the hang of it.

challenging but not too hard. i never got stuck for too log, but probably because i had the guide. i passed that game without doing a single side quest and only 2 hunts XD im lazy

The game was difficult, but it wasn't to the extreme or anything. I'd say the most challenging thing about FFXII is Yiazmat, but he's optional.

once you get the gambits its the easiest one there is i just let the gambits kill every boss for me, its the perfect lazy mans FF:highfive:

I didn't think it was too hard. It was just really long with a whole lot of grinding for levels. There were a few boss fights were I screamed in anger, but other than that, it wasn't too bad. But I usually over level may parties anyway, so it might not be fair for the monsters. Anyway, yeah it isn't too bad.

I didn't think it was too hard. It was just really long with a whole lot of grinding for levels. There were a few boss fights were I screamed in anger, but other than that, it wasn't too bad. But I usually over level may parties anyway, so it might not be fair for the monsters. Anyway, yeah it isn't too bad.

Yes, I found the amount of grinding you have to do at the beginning of the game to be tedious and the first boss battles to be quite frustrating. The game progressively got easier for me, which was weird and relieving at the same time (final boss was a joke, I far as I remember, I beat it on the first try.

Back