Donnie Darko

Aselia

Unless I fight, I cannot win.
Veteran
Gil
Discuss the film Donnie Darko here! ^_^

I personally LOVED it. it was an awesome movie although it was weird. We watched it in Film class and its my 2nd fave movie right now ^_^

Last edited:
I personally think its over-rated. Its good at best, I dont see what all the rant and rave is about over this movie.

A friend of mine told me about the movie a few years back so I bought it on DVD. I didn't think it was awesome but it's definitely a good movie with an entriguing story.

Movies that include time travel always pwn. :monster:

When someone told me the plot: that it's about a crazy high school student who befriends a giant rabbit and travels back in time, I immediately said "wow, that sounds so unbelievably stupid." I refused to watch it for a long time. I finally gave in and watched it. And I really loved it. Maybe it's a little bit pretentious and overly confusing, but I still love this movie. It's also one of those movies that I don't get sick of watching. And boy, does it have some awesome lines, like when Donnie tells off Patrick Swayze's character. XD

I personally think its over-rated. Its good at best, I dont see what all the rant and rave is about over this movie.

I think alot of people like it cause it's a mind fuck and it's fun to try to figure it out, or atleast think you can.

This is one of my favorites. It took me 3 times watching it to even come up with a theory to what the fuck was going on. Damn fine movie.

I think alot of people like it cause it's a mind fuck and it's fun to try to figure it out, or atleast think you can.

This is one of my favorites. It took me 3 times watching it to even come up with a theory to what the fuck was going on. Damn fine movie.
I agree with you on that. When we watched it in Film Studies, we actually watched Certain parts over, and had discussions on them. it's a great movie, but as you said it screws with your mind.

I actually didn't get it all that well... I never watched it with a class but I did watch it alone. I read the thing online (can't remember the name, it's the book that the whole movie revolves around) and I still didn't quite get it. I did like the "Cellar Door" part.

I just watched it and the only comment I can make is; what the fuck? It was a good film but just, what the fuck? WHAT THE FUCK? That's the most random thing in the world and yet it isn't funny. I'm going to have to watch it a hell of a lot more to understand it.

What the fuck?

It's one of those movies that goes out of its way to be confusing and is subsequently lavished over by pseudo-intellectuals because they assume that anything even remotely unconventional has more depth then the Atlantic Ocean.

It's not a bad film though. Especially when hammered.

I've Watched it so many times i've lost count.
And i still dont get it..
Good film though (Y)

Donnie Darko,confused the hell out of me when i first saw it,but yeah FRANK THE RABBIT!! Maybe i'll invent a 2nd side of me like him,but not as a Rabbit,sorta like the guy in Fight Club when he invents Tyler,but mine won't take me over :P and yeah Donnie Darko has a good soundtrack too.

The soundtrack is awesome. Mad World is a great song, and is probably one of my favorite songs right now ^_^

Back