Espers Useless?

Megalixir

Blue Mage
Gil
I noticed not too long ago that I rarely used my Espers.I hate that they're just there beside you,with you vulnerable,especially since when you die,they leave.And some of their best attacks have to have specific conditions be met,like you having the stone status!!!!Does anyone else prefer the simple appear and strike,like FFT or FFVIII?I've still collected all but two,but I just wish they were more useful,y'know?

yup. they're pretty much useless.

i have used ultima in certain situations, and zodiark is good sometimes, but that's about it.

they're so useless. i only use them out of boredom if i've been leveling for awhile, i'll be like "what the hell, i'll use an esper," that's about it. give me the old appear and strike over this any day

I forgot to even mention the total MP it takes to summon them!I don't have Ultima or Zodiark yet(almost ready),but as for the others,they're wastes.It's disappointing,especially considering the hoops you must jump through to get some of em.And I also hate the way they strayed from the mainstay summons,like Ifrit and Shiva,Bahamut and Leviathan.Anyone else miss the regulars,or are you glad for the changeup?

I barely used them myself, just for that reason, a waste of MP and by the time I got the last of the more powerful Espers my characters where powerful enough not to need them.

In short, definitely no where as useful as in previous FF's.

I forgot to even mention the total MP it takes to summon them!I don't have Ultima or Zodiark yet(almost ready),but as for the others,they're wastes.It's disappointing,especially considering the hoops you must jump through to get some of em.And I also hate the way they strayed from the mainstay summons,like Ifrit and Shiva,Bahamut and Leviathan.Anyone else miss the regulars,or are you glad for the changeup?

i like the name changes. and i also like that the "common summon names" were airships for the empire. that was VERY cool.

i do agree as well that they should've stuck with the classics like shiva, leviathon, etc. naming a stupid air-battleship after them isn't a fair trade

I liked the fact that they gave us a new set of summons. The old ones were awesome, but they DO need some variety, right? and naming the ships after them was an awesome Idea as well, especially Bahamut's name-sake, and the whole thing recited before bahamut's appearance.

Back