Evil Wall

Golbez

dark sorcerer
Gil
I've noticed quite a few people on these forums and my friends have found the Evil Wall boss in FFIV tough. However, I beat him pretty easily first try. I'd love to tell you my secret, but I can't quite remember :(

I might have used Bio a lot, but all I can remember is that he didn't have a chance to instantly crush my party.

Did slow slow down his movements towards us?

i thought this was the toughest boss ever...he attacked like 5 times before i could attack once and he started instantly killing my people after he got too close to me...that sucked.

hmm, no it's found in a cave when you go down to the collect one of the dark crystals, it's a very simple boss though, no tactics really needed, you just need to make sure your a good enough level to hit hard enough before he comes and crushes you, good way of leveling up is by fighting those trap doors in the cave. I think if you dispel it it'll end up killing themselves and give off loads of exp.

Its tuff if you are not built up enough, which is the way i like my games, hard. But i make it that way, if you want ot beat this wall, level up lots and its an easy win.

I think it is a pretty simple boss as long as your party is well equipped and well leveled.

Ehhh it wasnt that bad, I wish I'd thought about using slow on him though, I managed to take a decent amount of health off him before he started using crush, which he only managed to use 3 times before I killed him

Got an EPIC amount of exp aswel, although only 3 of my guys escaped alive, they all leveled up like twice each. Was well worth the effort xD

I struggled quite a bit with this boss: He got me two or three times I think before I finally beat him, and I tend to over level so it came as a bit of a surprise. I never thought to use slow -- I need to be better about using those status spells

As I recall I only got him after having edge throw to Shurikens (sp?) and a Hell Wind, and he still crushed everyone until Kain got him by just jumping repeatedly. Not my proudest moment in gaming :(

D4D

I beat him pretty easily, but I have levelled up quite a bit. I found the other trap doors more annoying as they always killed 1 or 2 of my peeps.

I beat him pretty easily, but I have levelled up quite a bit. I found the other trap doors more annoying as they always killed 1 or 2 of my peeps.

I thought the Trap Door was as difficult as hell xD

He had so much health, and without Haste or a spider silk that battle would be almost impossible D:

Omg this guy was so damn easy. I beat him like at level 43. I had 99 phoenix downs and whenever he did crush I just revived my party. Oh and do not forget to slow him down to make him easier.

I found him quite easy, to be honest :P

My average level was 50, I killed him before he managed to crush my party. I made Edge throw his fuka shuriken (which took almost 9700 hp, I didn't know it was so valuable) and the whole party attack, without casting any spell.

Back