XBox Fable 2

Moogles

Tauros and Probopass <3
Veteran
Gil
Of all the games yet to launch, I look forward to this one the most. Anyone else intrigued by this game?

Yes, I am highly intrigued by this game, it ranks as one of my most wanted games, along side Halo 3, God of War III, Assassin's Creed, and a few others. I have enormous expectations.

So do I. The rumors have me drooling.

Wealth can be accumulated through owning land, castles, towns...pretty much anything in Albion.

The level of exploration in Fable 2 is supposedly far greater than it was in the original Fable.

Combat and magic are being overhauled, making each more in-depth and entertaining.

That's only a few of the rumors I've heard. Of course, a TON of the content promised for Fable never surfaced, so it's wise not to believe everything we're told this time around...

So do I. The rumors have me drooling.

Wealth can be accumulated through owning land, castles, towns...pretty much anything in Albion.

The level of exploration in Fable 2 is supposedly far greater than it was in the original Fable.

Combat and magic are being overhauled, making each more in-depth and entertaining.

That's only a few of the rumors I've heard. Of course, a TON of the content promised for Fable never surfaced, so it's wise not to believe everything we're told this time around...

That's what they said about the last Fable so don't give your hopes up, or you may be left somewhat dissapointed.

I am also looking forward to this game, but i'm also not expecting too much.

Magus Sister said:
That's what they said about the last Fable so don't give your hopes up, or you may be left somewhat dissapointed.

*Looking back to the past*

cApN' pArKa said:
Of course, a TON of the content promised for Fable never surfaced, so it's wise not to believe everything we're told this time around...

But yeah, you're right.

Excuse the double post. The new Fable 2 thread was closed, so I'm forced to post in a dead thread.

Nanaki said:
Does anyone know the release day and any new features in the game?

Right now, they're saying the game will release sometime in late 2008.

As for new features and whatnot, I could describe 'em...but you'd get more information if you just watched the Fable 2 videos on youtube.

Search for Fable 2 and check out some of the recently added videos.

I've never played the first Fable. do I need to to understand this, cuz im a little interested in this.

Im looking forward to this. I enjoyed the last FAble and this one looks hot as heck rofl. I like how you have a doggie compainion walking around with you. Nice idea.

I'm not sure if I'll like the dog or not. They say you can run away from the dog, leaving him to suffer as he tries desperately to make his way back to you.

That's sad stuff...but I don't want him to slow me down. haha

And S, I don't know for sure if the events in Fable 2 will go directly off those in Fable or not. Fable 2 takes place in Albion (same as Fable), but the time period is different. Since Fable is such a great game (in my opinion), I'd suggest playing it to be safe...but I don't think it's necessary in order to understand everything in Fable 2.

am really lookin forward to this game, i completed fable and lost chapters and loved them, has anyone seen the gamer tv promo they where showing u could have a pet and play with it and even chuck the ball off a cliff and the pet would go after it :P

am really lookin forward to this game, i completed fable and lost chapters and loved them, has anyone seen the gamer tv promo they where showing u could have a pet and play with it and even chuck the ball off a cliff and the pet would go after it :P

Haha, I didn't know the dog would chase it off a cliff. I've heard that you can't kill the dog, so I'm not gonna worry too much about the poor dude.

I hope you can make him stay at your house or something...

I actually heard (from a friend of a friend of a friend so on!) That alot of the content they wanted to put in the first Fable is going to be put in second one.

But yes bring on Fable 2! XD

It will be cool to see, however I do suspect that much like the first one, I'll play through it it's demanded two times and then feel pretty well ready to sell it.

And the fact that it has guns in it really isn't all that exciting for me. I like swords.

And the fact that it has guns in it really isn't all that exciting for me. I like swords.

I'm with you, sir. If I need to attack a monster from a distance, I'll use a magic spell or something.

The guns don't excite me much. If I want to use 'em, I'll play Call of Duty.

Exactly. I just don't agree with it. I loved how Fable 1 had that archaic medieval feel to it. Made it stand out a bit more.

Trying to add guns to it is just like jumping on the band wagon trying to say, "Hey guys, we're cool like you," in my opinion.

Fortunately, it doesn't look the guns will dominate the gameplay. I don't know how much the game will change from the demonstration videos I've seen come launch day.

The game still seems to have a medieval feel to it despite the firearms.

I started playing the original Fable a few years back before the 360 came out and I really didn't get into it. I mean it was set up good and reminded me a tad bit of an FF game, but the story just turned me off from the rest of the game.

Maybe the next one will be better, but I doubt I'm gonna give it a shot.

I started playing the original Fable a few years back before the 360 came out and I really didn't get into it. I mean it was set up good and reminded me a tad bit of an FF game, but the story just turned me off from the rest of the game.

Maybe the next one will be better, but I doubt I'm gonna give it a shot.

I thought the story was passable. It was definitely a bit cliche...what with the main character's home town being destroyed (RPG cliche right there), forcing him into a new life, but I've seen worse.

Hopefully Fable 2's story will be a little better. I'm not counting on it, though.

To be honest I never thought it was the storyline the made Fable what it was, it was everything else. The ability to roam free and to make the character's appearance changed based on whether he was good or evil, the ability to buy houses be in relationships...in other words get in a relationship with someone in every village;)

It won 20+ awards for something:P
Can't wait for Fable 2 to come out, although I lol'd at the "dog running off the cliff" comment
:neomon:

Haha, I didn't know the dog would chase it off a cliff. I've heard that you can't kill the dog, so I'm not gonna worry too much about the poor dude.

I hope you can make him stay at your house or something...

Actually, the dog will follow you everywhere, because in fable 2 thewre won't be a mini-map at the bottom of the screen. The dog is the one to alert you to enemies, and no matter how badly you treat it, it never leaves. if you choose evil, it turns into a dobermain-ish type dog, choose light and it turns, what the creator calls, 'embarisingly cute'.

As for everything else, i'll agree, the story wasn't what hooked me. Though I did like the twist at the battle arena, but that was about it. Mostly having the choice to kill Whisper. who'da thought Thunder liked the mayor?
The ability to be totally badass, that I think is what hooked me :)
I went both light and dark in two games, and my current game is a uh...guy who is dressed like a girl. To put it simply.

So i am all about Fable 2, cannot wait. I read a review in a magazine and it seems awesome.

Plus I can play as a chick now. They say if she gets pregnant that her body will change to show it, but they are dealing with 'legal issues' about it right now.

The range of the game is supposed to be 100x bigger, and Bowerstone is supposed to be huge now. There's supposed to be a wider range of weapons and spells, and alot more morality choices along the way. It makes it trickier to just go instantly good, like it is in Fable. if you want to be a good guy the creator says you have to 'work for it now'. i liked being evil more though so *shrug*
I know though...be wary because this man lied before ect. ect. I think he's got alot more technoligy to work with now though.

Can't wait :D

Back