Fav Job Combos?

Bart: Dual Weild + Spell Blade + Rapid Fire. (Note: Dual weild can be used without equiping it.)
Krile: Summon + White Magic
Faris: Same as Bartz
Lenna: White Magic + Time Magic

blue mage, time mage, red mage, and knight/ranger i keep switching on ocassions.

heh heh, I love these kind threads :D

heres mine

Bartz- Mystic Swordsman (knows Red Magic)
Reina- Ninja (Knows Barefist)
Faris- Knight (Knows 2-Handed)
Galuf- Dragoon (Knows Summon

Dragoon
ninja
Black mage
Summoner
ff5_logo.jpg

Hmmm... Let me share mine:

Bartz - Knight/Mystic Swordsman/Red Mage
Lenna - White Mage/Bard/
Galuf/Krile - Monk/Lancer
Faris - Ninja/Samurai/Black Mage/Blue Mage

My party was:
Bartz: Mastered Monk, Mastered Samurai, Mastered Ranger, Mastered Ninja, Lv. 6 Black.
!Rapid Fire, !Black, Brave Blade, Excalibur. This allowed me, with Dual-Wield from mastering Ninja, to attack eight times for every !Rapid Fire. At level 75, I was able to do about 20,000 every turn.
Lenna: Mastered Berserker, Mastered Samurai, Mastered Ninja, Lv. 6 White, Lv. 5 Summon, Mastered Red, Mastered Mime.
!Mime, !Dualcast, !White, !Summon, Assassin's Dagger, Sasuke's Katana. This allowed me to !Dualcast Bahamut on bosses, and on regular monsters, Dual-Wield and kill most things in one hit.
Krile: Mastered Monk, Mastered Ninja, Mastered Ranger, Mastered Bard, Mastered Geomancer, Mastered Mystic Knight.
!Rapid Fire, !Sing, 2 Rising Suns (back row). Krile was able to !Sing and then do some decent damage with Dual-Wield and !Rapid Fire.
Faris: Mastered Berserker, Mastered Thief, Mastered Ninja, Mastered Ranger, Lv. 6 Time, Mastered Samurai, Mastered Dancer.
!Rapid Fire and !Time, OR !Dance and !Time. Mutsunokami and Holy Lance. With !Dance, a Sword Dance did 9999x2, and with !Rapid Fire, Faris did about 2000x8. I ended up using !Rapid Fire more, because even with Red Slippers, etc., Sword Dance wasn't being used much.

I am still near the beginning of the game; I just received the job classes from the Water crystal so I'm trying to plan them carefully.

Any hints? Is the game long enough to fully develop jobs without major level grinding?

I am still near the beginning of the game; I just received the job classes from the Water crystal so I'm trying to plan them carefully.

Any hints? Is the game long enough to fully develop jobs without major level grinding?

I'm playing through V for the first time, now.

I would say... :ohshit:

A. Acquire knight ability to wield blades 2 handed (double attack power) asap.
B. Lenna seems best choice for magic user / support character.
C. When youve acquired the '2 hands' ability. Go with red mage or a default magic class which can equip swords or knives and use 'wield weapon with 2 hands' ability for early hybrid (big standard attack with augmentative magic /other ability) config.

Not sure about mid to late game.

I'm about halfway through. A lot of the job classes and abilities seem to cancel one another out which is a bummer..

My red mage with epee, wield two handed and power ring is dealing around 1300 damage. Ninjas & monks aren't inflicting nearly as much. Lancers deal less than 1300 damage & seem to attack 2x slower(with 'jump').

Job classes acquired late in the game aren't better than ones you have at the beginning. I s'pose the late game magic attacks & summons could swing the balance... I ono.

Last edited:
I'm playing the GBA version so I know there are 4 GBA-only job classes :) hopefully those are awesome

Monks early on until I can start dual wielding/rapid firing.

Side note - the OP for this thread is my old account I could not recall. Haha!

Galuf/Krile: Black mage/time mage/geomancer
Bartz:Mystic knight/knight/samurai
Lenna:White mage/Mystic knight/dancer/bard
Faris:Ninja/Thief

Bartz: Knight
Lenna: Blue Mage
Galuf/Krile: Bard
Faris: Ranger

Those are my favorite jobs. Not the best, but fun to play around with.

Bartz = Knight
Lenna = Black Mage/Summoner
Galuf/Krile = White Mage/Time Mage (Support)
Faris = Ninja

For me it was
Bartz: Lancer
Lenna: Healer/Blue Mage
Krile: Ninja
Faris: Time Mage/Black Mage

Back