Favorite Final Fantasy Ending

Favorite Final Fantasy?

• FF I or II (fused together for lack of space)

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • FF3

• FF4

• FF5

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • FF6

• FF7

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • FF8

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • FF9

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • FF10

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • FF12

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

Blkwaltz

ShinRa Guard
Gil
So what's your favorite one? Ive beaten or seen the ending to all of them, and Id have to say IX, X, and XII had my favorites
-IX because of Kujo repenting and other potentially unseen resolutions (VII is not on here for me cuz although its probably my top three of favorite FF's the ending was just totally expected for me)
-X because of you dying to see if what they said would happen to Tidus really would (and it ends on the only downnote ending of the series...damn X-2 for ruining that I can think up what happens after X on my own thank you very much)
-XII because its just really beautiful, and each character gets a closing reminiscent to their behavior, the whole closure, even the concept art on the credits, seemed to bring out emotion that the other games havent come close to doing

- I put multiples can be picked cuz I just couldnt pick a favorite and that seems to be a trend
Again not my favorite games...just favorite endings, mostly I say cuz of VII...yea I didnt like the ending you can tell

Last edited:
FFIX - the ending was so sad! :sad: y'know about Vivi? my friend was in tears bless her XD but its full of Gardane goodness XD

and although it was a bit of a dissapointment ill go with VII too - simply for the Cleris part and its legendary :)

IX is the perfect ending, in that all loose ends are tied up.

Kuja makes his mark
Amarant sees Zidane's way of thinking
Eiko gets the mummy and daddy she asked santa for
Vivi proves he exists by making multipi little Vivis with Quina
I ignored the bit with Quina
Freya gets Fratley back, because he falls in love with her again - not that he can remember
Garnet finds herself - shown by the fact she throws all her queenly posessions aside
Steiner does what he wants because Garnet wants it - not because of his 'duty'
and Zidane gets his girl.

lovely

Yea, in that respect Id say IX and XII do the best of wrapping up...though in the ones before PS it seems like the entire endings were composed of shifting to each character and seeing what they were up to, but it was pretty predictable what they were doing (Setzer still using his airship...etc.)

IX was great indeed. Seeing all those little miniature Vivi's was cute and Zidane pulling out some Matrix moves riding the tree roots was pretty mean.
X i didn't like because i wanted to know 'what happens next?' which made me play FFX-2 which required you to have 100% to see the proper ending which pissed me off.

9 is the best IMO. It wraps it up really nicely and really makes you feel like you've completed a really great game that you wish would go on forever. Vivi is awesome. I don't think he **** though. I love Vivi. I honestly think he's like my 2nd or 3rd favorite character ever.

VIII and XII wrapped things up perfectly. XII, made we cry for various reasons (when i watched the ending on youtube). If you check the image Ive talked about in the judges picture thread in the ffxii section, you'll soon see why. the image i posted..was..;w;

Well, I actually like X's ending. It portrayed the ending excellently, almost leaving me in tears. I especially love the part when Yuna tries to hug Tidus, but couldn't and passed through him. And of course, Yuna's awesome speech in the end. It really touched me.

Well, I actually like X's ending. It portrayed the ending excellently, almost leaving me in tears. I especially love the part when Yuna tries to hug Tidus, but couldn't and passed through him. And of course, Yuna's awesome speech in the end. It really touched me. [/quote
i agree with mitsuki, x ending was good cuz its emotional and really got to me - the hugging part was very sad:P ix was very very good aswell i like how garnets watchin the play and zidane pulls off his hood ans says sumthin like give me my beloved dagger. also poor vivi

I like VIII, IX and X the best from the endings I have seen, I count X and X-2 as the same though ^^;

@Strider: You only needed somewhere between 60-70% and to whistle in that one place which was pitch black.

I always found the ending of FFIX to be pretty nice...although i wonder if Zidane became King!:rolleyes:

These are my favourites.

FFVII: I liked the fact that apart from Red XIII, you never knew what happened to everyone else. Until...

FFIX: When you see Garnet in the Airship looking down at Zidane all sad was very touching. Right at the end when Zidane reveals himself and Garnet rushing to the stage. The miniture Vivi's and Freya and Fratley fall in love again even though Fratley can't remember it before.

FFX: This one I liked for not being a happy ending with Yuna heart broken. Rushes to hug Tidus and goes right through him. The fact that the hero technically died was great. Until...

Those were my favourites.

Exactly, from X when Yuna tries to hug Tidus, there is never a dry eye during the first time seeing that lol
And what Rulia said about XII, the ending has alot of emotional moments especially with what she referred to

FFX by far was my favorite of any game I've ever played. The ending involves so much happening all at once, and then there's the open ending left for the gamers who are left grasping for more. Auron, Tidus, Jecht, Spira, Yu Yevon, etc... So much to comprehend, so many possibilities after the story.

Final Fantasy XII has the best ending in my opinion. It was fantastic. I love how it was so actionpacked... then gave you a brief synopsis of how everyone was fairing a year after the event. It really touched me... moreso than my priest. It was great.

I can't decide just one, it's a 3-way tie between VII, IX & XII.

VII was so bittersweet and open-ended (until certain things....appeared)

IX was just so sweet, and full of cute-ness xD

and XII....well, can't say it any better than Aztec Triogal ^^

I really like IX's ending. From the part where the airship pulls away and Zidane goes down to Kuja, to seeing what the characters are up to, to watching Zidane and Garnet being reuninted, and finally, Melodies of Life credit roll.

FFIX would ahve to be my second favorite ending. Nothing better than the two main characters ending up in each other's arms and both of them back in their rightful positions after the adventure and scare of a lifetime. By far one of the best endings to a game too, but still not enough to pass my FFX-ending adoration.

Back