FF modding forums

derek

Gil
FFXIV
N/A
Free Company
N/A
Does anyone know any ff forums around modding and modders, ones that are OK starting a project? Just trying to find a collective/comprehensive list of go-to places.

I’ll post it here—just in case anyone by chance runs across it, it’ll still be open.

I'm looking for others to help me with my project. I'm paying (via pay pal) long enough since its not small for the duration of the project and what I'd like to have done.
I usually pay per milestone ($250 half upfront, $250 rest after), and since my project is not small, there's alot, so it adds up; recently I've been open to an hourly pay ($22).
I'm mostly modding , FF4: Complete Collection (PSP) and FF9 psx, more targeted to my needs.

Looking for rom hackers/programmers all-around/modders. You can choose either or, per milestone, hourly, etc.
Creating an all-in one GUI tool would edit all data, and more:
-Character, Data and Stats (eboot.bin)
-Equipment (eboot.bin)
-Shop data (eboot.bin)
-Item data (eboot.bin)
-Monster data, A.I. (eboot.bin)
-Event scripts decompile (event.lzs), recompile (editing/adding event scripts)
-Map editor (.CN2)
-Texture editor—importing/exporting textures etc. (tm2)
-Battle editor/system, parameters, and the rest.
-Loading data from extracted PAC.bin
-Higher res texture importing

I also have the spell data lists for the PSP version.

.LZS is a common archive format.
.CN2 is the map files
.tm2 are textures, (tile sets etc.)

event.lzs -> binary_script.bin (after extraction) is the event script for the OG FF4, which matters. FF4: Interlude and The After Years do not, it will be removed.

The Interlude and The After Years data are not needed—ignored.

If you're interested and/or come across this, send me a message. I can also be reached on discord at derekc#2449.

Last edited:
Back